• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drysden Fairfax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drysden Fairfax

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
    The second letter just asks to get in touch with in 14 days because they hadn't heard from me
    What's the date on that letter and does it say what they'll do if you don't get in touch within 14 days?

You need to plan your strategy rather than send an instant response if none is required. A lot will depend on answers to questions on your thread

Treat this situation as a whole new scenario because they will.

Di

Comment

THanks Diana
      The date is 10th October just states they refer to the above matter respond within 14 days or call our office to discuss the account

Comment

Its for 11 thousand pounds
        Thanks for that information.

If the solicitors decide to issue proceedings (hopefully not) then a claim for £11k would be allocated to the Fast Track where the rules are stricter on disclosure of documents. Drydens will know that, they're probably hoping you don't.

I would send that SAR to MBNA asap.

If you're certain that your your original CCA Request to Arrow was valid (did you include the £1 statutory fee with it?) then you don't need to send another one.

Keep in mind that illegible Ts & Cs can be remedied by the creditor providing a valid reconstituted version. So whatever happens do not write to Drydens to tell them that (illegible Ts & Cs).

Di

Comment

THanks Diana
          The date is 10th October just states they refer to the above matter respond within 14 days or call our office to discuss the account
          From what you say there is no threat of legal action, so my personal view is don't invite trouble with any confrontational letter in reply. That can be the quickest way to get a county court summons issued against you.

They have given you until 24th October to respond. Take your time to think what would be best to say.

Can you confirm if it was just a letter or did it (or their previous letter) include a copy of the "agreement" which is what you implied in your first post? If so, was there any reference as to why they included it? It's unusual to start the conversation with a copy without saying why?

Di

Comment

THanks Diana
            I'm amazed it's nearly 7 years ago why they chance their arm in the courts after all this time MBNA didn't Arrow never have despite all the threats nor did Shoosmiths what will a SAR give me then

Comment

THanks Diana
              why they chance their arm in the courts after all this time MBNA didn't Arrow never have despite all the threats nor did Shoosmiths what will a SAR give me then
              If they decide to chance their arm in court it'll be because they will have purchased the debt for a fraction of its face value so 'worth a try' especially since around 87% of county court claims go undefended.

A SAR will give you the history of the account from Day 1. It should include a copy of the CCA and any reference to when a DN may/may not have been served, when the account was terminated, when it was assigned etc etc.

This is invaluable information when it comes to checking any reconstituted documents sent by a debt purchaser who may not have access to the same information as you have with your SAR.

Im not saying any more because I can't give away my firm's 'trade secrets'

Di

Comment

Winner can you post a copy of DF's minus your name address please.
                nem

Comment

HI Nemesis
                  Won't scan to computer for some reason
                  But it just says
                  We refer to the above matter
                  Please find enclosed your consumer credit agreement
                  We trust this clarifies the matter and look forward to receiving your reasonable proposals for payment within 14 days
                  This is the first I had ever heard from Drysden that's why I ignored it

Comment

But it just says
                    We trust this clarifies the matter and look forward to receiving your reasonable proposals for payment within 14 days
                    So no mention or threat of legal proceedings then

From what you say Arrow remains in default of your CCA Request so keepimg schtum may be the way forward. I wouldn't say anything that makes them try harder to comply.

Get that SAR Request to MBNA in the post pronto so you're one step ahead of the game. A SAR can take up to 40 days to respond so the sooner you do it the better.

Di

Comment

HI Nemesis
                      Won't scan to computer for some reason
                      But it just says
                      OK Winner clearly from what you say the " agreement " supplied does not comply in any way with the CCA request my feeling is still to send the letter, and I am convinced that they have the complete file on this from Arrow Global.

Did you actually send a CCA request to Drydens? If so how long did it take them to respond?

nem

Comment

HI Nem
                        No never sent a CCA to drysden this is out of the blue never dealt with them before the last solicitors chasing were Shoosmiths a couple of years ago think it's a bit suspicious

Comment

HI Nem
                          No never sent a CCA to drysden this is out of the blue never dealt with them before the last solicitors chasing were Shoosmiths a couple of years ago think it's a bit suspicious
                          Thought as much Winner AG have passed the complete file to DF with the same crap documents, this used happen quite a lot a while ago it was thought it was intended to make alleged debts think the collection activity was escalated to a higher level.

Time to knock em out I think.

nem

Comment

Thanks again Nem for all your help would the SAR show any documents I would need was once told the CCA is seperate issue and won't be in the SAR

Comment

Thanks again Nem for all your help would the SAR show any documents I would need was once told the CCA is seperate issue and won't be in the SAR
                              Hi winner,

The DPA and SAR's in regard to agreements is somewhat vague, many creditors will not send agreements as they claim that the content is generic,
                              all customers for a particular financial product at a specified time, but my thought is this can only apply to T's & C's the agreement having your personal data should be supplied so if sending the SAR specify the complete agreement.
                              You can also send the creditor a CCA request + £1 just to ensure they send all.
                              nem

Comment

Well had a reply this morning from drysden

asking why my claim that the agreement is invalid and not regulated by the CCA 1974 to enable them to investigate further if not fulfilled by 18th November instructions are to proceed against me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X