• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

letter from MIL Collection re: outstanding debt with BankSmart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter from MIL Collection re: outstanding debt with BankSmart

my wife has received a letter from MIL Collections stating she had to pay £20 for an outstanding debt of £10 for Bank Smart relating toPPI claim a few years ago. My wife did use BankSmart but was unaware of any fee payable and has not received any correspondence from them regarding any amounts due. I appreciate it is only a small sum but I am reluctant to pay as whey have not provided any paperwork confirming the amount due. They have said if she does not pay up it will be taken further and will incur more costs. Should she just pay the money or contest it. Again I know it is a small amount but it's the principle. Thank you I advance.
    Tags: None

Re: letter from MIL Collection re: outstanding debt with BankSmart

What a world we live in when a £10 debt goes to collection agencies who then double it to 'make it worth their while' ! To my mind, this equates to recovering 'bread & butter' amounts through nothing more than desk duties.

Their actions are probably well over the top and I cannot see how 'further action' is going to be to anyone's advantage here. There is no doubt that small debts like this should be written off, for efficiency purposes if nothing else, although there reaction to you suggests their 'might' should be taken seriously and 'we are not in the business of setting precedents' etc.

What sort of debt collection agencies take on debts of £10? The sort, I imagine, that I would tend to ignore!
    Just my thoughts of course .... :taunt:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X