• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

grievance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grievance

After my Sickness prior to my holiday I went back to work as usual at 0130hrs. Tuesday the 27th September 2016 , had my return to work Interview and Statement
    with ***** the Line Haul Coordinator , which we both signed , and went to Work in the usual manner , was given a run to *****.

On my return to ****** at 1030hrs. (after a full shift without incidents,accidents or any hiccups ) I was summonsed by my Line haul Manager .

He informed me that he could not sign my return to work Statement at which I point I asked for a Union Rep to be present , but after a brief phone call to somebody I was told that there was nobody available .

I also asked for the copy of the original return to work Statement since I noticed some changes were made to the one I signed with my Line Coordinator .

again , that was declined.

Mr.***** then suggested that he wanted to amend it and produced a new blank one with my details already added , which I refused to do and so leaving me no other option then to sign off sick again which I did and although my Doctor prior to my Holiday signed me off and fit for work ?

I am fit for work but with the Work Accident at ******* in 2014 (to which ******* have admitted liability) and I had to have major Surgery for torn Ligaments and I was told by my Surgeon that it will get progressively worse because of my age ( 65 in December this Year ) and I may also have to undergo further surgery for a right Shoulder replacement thanks to ******* being negligent .

I am in constant but manageable pain and if I do not stress my right shoulder to much with the trailer changes i.e. collecting multiple Trailers from ******** for MOT's and or Service .

I was quite happy to return to work after my long absence after the Surgery since I was given a **** which has left hand access to the back of the Unit which in turn

helped me a great Deal to carry out my normal duties.

Had my grievance meeting on 12/10/2016 with the result meeting scheduled on Tuesday 18/10/2016 but I think they are planning a hatchet job . Anybody with any advice ?
    Tags: None

Re: grievance

If your GP says you are fit for work then you are. If they refuse to allow you to come to work you can make a claim for your wages. You are available for work and should be paid as such. Ask to speak to the legal officer employed by the union.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X