• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fixed penalty notice for Fly tipping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fixed penalty notice for Fly tipping

Originally posted by Markie G View Post
    Well we have heard nothing so far from them . . .
    Maybe your seven ranty phone calls had the desired effect

Originally posted by Markie G View Post
    I have had to call them 7 times today as they put the phone down when I get into an argument about it . . . . They have now passed my calls to corporate complaints because they say that I am harassing them. Which is daft, I only called them that many times because they put the phone down
    Di
    Last edited by Diana M; 7th November 2016, 00:36:AM.

Comment

I doubt there is much to be done until you hear further, other than continue trying to find proof it was not your mother's fridge.

Comment

So, they have invited my mother for an interview, again the information is very vague as they have not given dates only saying on or before. The thing that’s daft about this is that we cannot even use the fact that she was not there (assuming she wasn’t on the day that the fridge was actually dumped) as it could be between now and 1967 the information is that vague. I am wanting to go in with her, but unsure about how I can force them to accept me going. My mum lives on her own and has been bullied by this neighbour a lot and it’s getting daft. Its very difficult to build a defence when you do not have a clue what they are using as evidence. How can you prove that she does not own something?

Comment

Can I suggest seeing a Solicitor they should be able to offer some advice especially a local one who may have dealt with this type of case

Comment

Is this for a formal interview under caution?

if it is note that your mother can leave the interview at any stage, and that it should be recorded and your mother is entitled to a copy.
            The council's next course of action will depend on the outcome of the interview.

It might be worth requesting a copy of the council's prosecution policy and checking all angles, especially that the interviewer is properly authorised to conduct the interview.
            Similarly , if your mother has legal expenses insurance with her contents policy, she may be able to get advice and even a solicitor to accompany her

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X