• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Next step after grievance outcome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step after grievance outcome

Hi

I'm after a bit of advice about best course of action to take please.

Without going into too much detail, basically, I submitted a grievance to my employer in April this year after months of what I would describe as bullying and intimidation (there's far more to it and it's a VERY long story). To cut a long story short, as this spans back 12 months and it took them 6 months to look into this, I had a meeting with my employer this week where, to my complete shock, they upheld the majority of my grievance in my favour.

They basically asked if I wanted to stay or leave. My gut feeling is to go because I don't trust the employer nor those working there and it was senior management that my grievance was directed at. I never expected this to be easy and I'm not going into detail but I tried to sort the issues out informally only to be ignored hence I why I went formal.

A number of manages that were involved have left during the course of the ongoing situation and I'm not saying it's related to me (I'm nobody!) but I just think that alone speaks volumes.

Anyway, when I told my employer I wanted to leave, they basically asked me what I wanted. It's probably not much to go on but does anybody have any advice in a situation like this?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Next step after grievance outcome

Hi welcome to the forum. I think from your post you are looking for more practical thoughts on your situation and in my view they are based on two things whether you feel that you really do want to leave the company or work with your current employer to move on from the situation that you were in that caused you to raise the grievance. Some questions I think you may need to work through to help you come to a decision are:

1. Do you have another job lined up to go to?
    2. If not how easy will it be for you to get anther job?
    3. With the managers that have gone, who from what you say, appear to have been part of the problem do you have the same issues with the remaining managers?
    4. Has there been anything suggested by your employer for putting in a review process with you to ensure that the issues raised in your grievance do not come back or if they do is there a quick route for you to get them resolved?
    5. Do you feel that you can remain in the company and "give it a go" based on any reassurances they have given you?

I hope this gives you some things to think about which may help you come to a decision about what you want to do.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X