• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Experian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian

Hi I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm hoping it is right.
    I wanted to check my credit rating 2 years ago so I signed up to experian for there free trial. I tried to opt out before it started costing me money but for some reason my account got blocked.. I sent them a email which I still have saying about the problem and that I have high anxiety problems on the phone and can't ring them. (I have been on medication from the doctors for it But I tried and I ended up throwing my I phone 5 on the floor and smashing it so even more money) The only reply I got was that I had to ring them. Not helpful at all so I have been paying £14.99 for 2 years for something I can't use and don't want. I have since messaged them again and they have ignored it. I tried going to my bank to cancel but once again I have to use the phone and call them!! I feel robbed, I want the money back but I will settle just for it to be canceled. I just want this thing to be over with!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Experian

Originally posted by Archie.ws View Post
    Hi I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm hoping it is right.
    I wanted to check my credit rating 2 years ago so I signed up to experian for there free trial. I tried to opt out before it started costing me money but for some reason my account got blocked.. I sent them a email which I still have saying about the problem and that I have high anxiety problems on the phone and can't ring them. (I have been on medication from the doctors for it But I tried and I ended up throwing my I phone 5 on the floor and smashing it so even more money) The only reply I got was that I had to ring them. Not helpful at all so I have been paying £14.99 for 2 years for something I can't use and don't want. I have since messaged them again and they have ignored it. I tried going to my bank to cancel but once again I have to use the phone and call them!! I feel robbed, I want the money back but I will settle just for it to be canceled. I just want this thing to be over with!!!
    Hello Archie, welcome to LB

I've had in the past problems with Experian charging me twice for the same service and I found that it was pointless phoning as there operatives had no authority to do anything.

The approach should be via a Formal Complaint at director level is obliges the recipient to fully investigate and respond within 56 days.

My complaint was resolved within a week.

Is the payment via a recurring payment via a debit card? If so tell your bank to stop all payments immediately.

nem

Comment

Hi nem
      Thanks for your reply. I'm going to send a formal letter to them tomorrow and I will post the results as I get them. I have been to the bank but they said the only way to cancel it was to ring them as well. I was thinking about getting my friend to ring them for me and get him to cancel it as I don't fancy losing another phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie.ws View Post
        Hi nem
        Thanks for your reply. I'm going to send a formal letter to them tomorrow and I will post the results as I get them. I have been to the bank but they said the only way to cancel it was to ring them as well. I was thinking about getting my friend to ring them for me and get him to cancel it as I don't fancy losing another phone.
        The Bank is wrong!! Which Bank is this?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X