• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Belfast,Northern Ireland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN - Belfast,Northern Ireland

If you read the above does my correspondence confirm to them I was the driver?
    Also what does "The RK is no use to them outside E&W" mean?
    Probably does, if they notice.

RK = registered keeper.

E & W = England and Wales. The only 2 countries that have keeper liability enshrined in law.

I read for the "debt" becoming statute barred would take 6 years of no payments AND you haven't had any contact from the creditor during this time; AND. the creditor hasn't gone to court for a CCJ for the debt.
    Someone sending letters to you doesn't reset the statute barred clock.

Honestly what would you expect the charges to rise to if they take legal action?
    It will go up & up & up until it gets to £1985739523750286 (approx) then they'll try and offer a discount to entice you to pay thinking it's a bargain.

And what do I have to do if that letter comes?
    File it in the same drawer as all the others. (unless it's court papers, but that is less likely than winning the lottery twice)

M1

Comment

So to update from 17/11/16: Received a text message every 4-6 days but I ignored everything, it was usually along the lines of 'to prevent possible legal action call us immediately...'.

On the 12/01/17 I got a text (and a couple of days after a letter followed in the post) saying 'client offering 70% in settlement before legal action'. I thought ok everything is going as expected (thanks to mystery1 letting me know their tactics) but today got a text saying 'your PCN has been passed to our solicitors to instigate legal proceedings. To stop legal action you must call us immediately...'

What should I do now?

- - - Updated - - -

So to update from 17/11/16: Received a text message every 4-6 days but I ignored everything, it was usually along the lines of 'to prevent possible legal action call us immediately...'.

On the 12/01/17 I got a text (and a couple of days after a letter followed in the post) saying 'client offering 70% in settlement before legal action'. I thought ok everything is going as expected (thanks to mystery1 letting me know their tactics) but today got a text saying 'your PCN has been passed to our solicitors to instigate legal proceedings. To stop legal action you must call us immediately...'

What should I do now?

Comment

What should I do now?
        Put the stew on for the tea or something useful

M1

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] for always responding

So you think they are continuing their scare tactics? It's just worrying me that they don't appear to be letting up?

Comment

Whilst it's always possible something more turns up, outside England & Wales court claims are very rare particularly single tickets.

Scare tactics are how they make money.

M1

Comment

Hi, I got a letter similar to this today. I got a parking ticket in the hospital and was told by others that no further action would be taken so did not pay it, however now got a letter from Ultimate Customer Solutions that I now owe 120. Could you let me know if this ticket was taken any further? Thanks

Comment

Hi CMcG, pleased to say it wasn't taken any further! Although mind you now I have brought it up I hope I don't jinx myself! Glad to see this has been helpful to others... massive thanks to M1 for putting my mind at rest.

Comment

Hi MACP

Just wondering if you have had any further hassle. Received parking charge notice last week.. in Belfast.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X