• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Directions questionnaire Form N180

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions questionnaire Form N180

Hi, I initiated a claim and after receiving the defendant's defence (filed late but allowed by the Court) I, along with the defendant were sent the first directions questionnaire Form N180 to be completed and returned a month ago. The instructions were that both parties had to serve on each other a completed copy of the form and the Court by that specific date.

I returned mine to the Court by the said date along with a copy to the defendant. The defendant has never sent a copy of theirs to me..is there anything I can do about this? I am not even sure if they even replied to the Court. I have phoned the Court but no one is picking up at the moment.

I have now just received a notice of Allocation to Small Claims Track (hearing) which is set for almost 4 months away and yet the directions say both I and my opponent must serve on each other and the Court witness statements and any documents upon which we intend to rely, NOW, giving us just two weeks to do so. Is this usual to have to do this at such an early stage?

I can easily do this but my worry is that the defendant does not seem to comply with Court deadlines and if I send a fully copy of my defence and documents to the defendant by the deadline, that the defendant may wait for them to arrive before using them to 'adjust' her defence..witness statements in particular( know that she can do this as she has already managed to tamper with some documents as she has the facility and help to do so)

As my Court seems to be a bit 'relaxed' regarding time scales..at least for the defendant, what will happen if she does not file her complete defence and documents by the time laid down, and she does not send copies to me either by the deadline, or not at all?

If I file my copies at Court by the deadline, but not send them to the defendant for a couple more weeks..for the reason above, how is that likely to impact on my case?

A few questions I would be grateful for answers to..Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Directions questionnaire Form N180

Anyone??:doggieyes:

Comment

Hi there,

It is usual for the courts to give directions that anything relied upon is served on the other side 14 days before trial but the court has discretion to depart from that and make any order it sees fit. It does seem strange however to serve your evidence on the other side when the trial date is 4 months away.

If you can upload a copy of the Order with personal info redacted we can take a further look at it.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        Hi there,

It is usual for the courts to give directions that anything relied upon is served on the other side 14 days before trial but the court has discretion to depart from that and make any order it sees fit. It does seem strange however to serve your evidence on the other side when the trial date is 4 months away.

If you can upload a copy of the Order with personal info redacted we can take a further look at it.
        Thank you for your reply. Is the uploaded document for public viewing?

Comment

Yes it would be viewable by others, hence my suggestion to block out personal information

You can upload the document by going to www.postimage.org upload it and then copy and paste the thumbnail for forum link or you can click on the 'go advanced' button then there is a paperclip icon which allows you to upload direct if you are using a computer and not a mobile.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X