• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Originally posted by Astybelle View Post
    Here are the documents in PDF format.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/md2aj6r0b...NNB6JjVQa?dl=0

If you can't view them in detail on the web browser download them. You should be able to then magnify them without the picture blurring.
    Thanks again for taking the time to have a look @nemesis45, I know there are a lot of documents.
    :beagle:
    I'll try and give them a read this evening/tomorrow.

nem

Comment

Re: Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Hi Beagles,
      I was wondering if anyone had a chance to look at the documents that I uploaded last week.
      The court hearing date is rapidly approaching and I have to consider all my options before I submit my witness statement.
      Thanks for all your help already
      Last edited by Astybelle; 13th November 2016, 12:18:PM.

Comment

Hi Astybelle

Is there more to this?
        The CCBC court claim issue date is 8th September 2015.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

The hearing was adjourned twice. First for lack of judicial time, second because I couldn't attend.

I received these documents 2 days before the last hearing was due to take place.

Comment

Did you at any time send a s78 CCA request to Lowells?
            If yes, do you have proof of posting?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes I did, I sent one to Vanquis and 3 to Lowell on separate occasions. I sent the last 2 by signed for post and I have the receipts form the post office.

Comment

Their witness statement indicates otherwise.
                You say that the your original copy of the agreement is different from the one they supplied?
                Do you still have the original?
                (They appear to have sent 2, one 'original' & presumably the one applicable when the account was terminated)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes I do have the original, but unfortunately it is the same as the 'original'. I made a mistake thinking that it was different but at closer inspection it is not. However I have never received a copy of the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Astybelle View Post
                    Yes I do have the original, but unfortunately it is the same as the 'original'. I made a mistake thinking that it was different but at closer inspection it is not. However I have never received a copy of the second one.
                    Re the original one, tbh I feared as much.
                    Re the second one, I guess in the long run it won't make too much difference.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Any advice on how should I proceed?
                      Is it a lost case?
                      What's my best bet?

Comment

Have you been given a date on which to exchange documents, or is it the standard '14 days before hearing'?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Its the standard 14 days before.

Comment

Ok, so documents & WS needed by 26th November (I think that's a Saturday).
                            It's not a good idea to send stuff early, as that might give the other side a heads-up on your argument (or lack of it).
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok thanks, the hearing is on the 14th December not the 10th as I put the wrong date down.
                              I will send my documents and WS 14 days before and not earlier.

I was relying on the fact that Lowell had never suppled any of the documents I requested until 2 days before the second hearing date ( first one was adjourned for lack of judicial time).
                              Bryan Carter Solicitors who represented Lowell at the time of the first hearing date sent me a letter weeks prior to say they were no longer dealing with the case. So if the first court hearing hadn't been adjourned Lowell would have not presented any evidence. (or turn up at the hearing...?) As you can imagine I was very surprised and shocked when suddenly Lowell was able to provide all of the requested evidence. Of course had they done this when I first requested it 3 years ago (to Vanquis) then I would have settled the account then.

Bearing in mind my case is very weak and I don't want to incur further court costs can I try to settle with Lowell before the hearing? Or is it too late for that now? Or will the way that they have ignored my repeated requests for evidence help my case in some way?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

what did they provide ===Suspect???? slow down and vanquis documents involved ??????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X