• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Dear LegalBeagles,

I have a hearing date for 10th December in Bromley County Court Lowell v. myself.
    This is for a Vanquis credit card that I took out in 2008.
    The default amount was £3263 on the 03/10/2013. Since then the amount has changed and Lowell is asking for £4124 with court costs and all added charges.
    I kept up with payments for several years until I was in a situation where I could not make payments any more. I then signed up with a debt management company who handled repayment but still the payment amount was too high and I couldn’t keep them up. This is when I decided to try and find another way.
    After receiving letters form Lowell and Bryan Carter solicitors I followed all steps recommended on the LegalBeagles website.
    Lowell did not send me any paperwork (credit agreement, default notice) until two days before the original court date that was 27th July 2016. This hearing was adjourned and rescheduled for the 10th December.
    Amongst the paperwork that Lowell has sent me copies of there is a consumer credit agreement however it is not the same as what I received back in 2008.
    The document they included in their claim pack is 9 page long agreement that looks like is made up of two different documents.
    The original agreement I got sent by email in 2008 is a 2-page document. Further to this I received an email in 2010 informing me that they changed terms and conditions to the original credit agreement but I received no updated documents.
    They also claim unreasonable behaviour on my part stating that I did not try to contact them and find a solution for my outstanding debt before the date I received the court claim.
    On the contrary I tried to settle this debt through debt management first then by asking for copies of the credit agreement, default notice and notice of assignment. I can prove this as I sent all my letters recorded.
    Can anyone please advise me as to what is my position in this case?
    Do I attend the hearing on the 10th Dec or should I try and settle out of court?
    As Lowell left sending the documents to the absolute last minute I really thought that they did not have copies of all of the documents that I requested and now I don’t know what to do?!
    Any help or advice would be really appreciated!!
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Maybe [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] will take a look

Comment

Re: Urgent Advice needed - Small Claims Court Hearing 10th December Lowell/Vanquis

Good morning Atsybelle,
      Responding to your PM,

Sorry your post has been missed, I'm going to read through it now.

nem

Comment

OK,

Lowell: Has sent you some documents they claim is the Vanquis agreement, how were these documents described as a copy of the agreement or a reconstituted agreement?

Can you post copies of what you have received please remove your name and address etc. first.

This will help to judge if the agreement is compliant.

Can you also post a copy of the N1 claim form or type in the particulars of the claim.

When did your payments cease completely?

nem

Comment

Just to add to what Nemesis has said, once you have your defence arguments it would be a good idea to write and submit a witness statement before the court hearing - not sure whether the court have asked for one but it would be normal to submit one to court and the other side 14 days before the hearing.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your replys Nemesis, Amethyst and enaid.

Tomorrow I will scan and attach copies of the documents you have asked to see.
            The agreement was described in the claimants witness statement as 'a true screenshot of the original agreement including electronic application form and full terms and conditions'.
            My payments cease completely in August 2013.
            Thanks for your help again and will post all paperwork tomorrow!halocat2

Comment

Hello again,

I have uploaded all documents to dropbox and here is the link where you can view them.
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5b3rdmeo...NRZlGy9ga?dl=0

Thanks again :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Astybelle View Post
                Hello again,

I have uploaded all documents to dropbox and here is the link where you can view them.

Thanks again :tinysmile_grin_t:
                Sorry can't open the attachment.

nem

Comment

deleted

Comment

OK got the attachments, a lot to read back later.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=Astybelle;687726]Hello again,

Mostly too small to read properly = PDF?

Comment

[QUOTE=MIKE770;687817]
                        Originally posted by Astybelle View Post
                        Hello again,

Mostly too small to read properly = PDF?
                        Yep magnification just blurs them.

nem

Comment

Thanks for taking a look. I didn't realise that if you try to magnify the documents they go blurry.
                          I will try to upload as PDFs.
                          Sorry, I know it is a lot of paperwork to read.
                          I have underlined some things on the witness statement that either I don't understand or they are not true. For example Lowell states that i did not try to get in touch before they issued the court claim. In fact I did and I have recorded delivery receipts to prove it.

Comment

........I don't understand or they are not true. For example Lowell states that i did not try to get in touch before they issued the court claim.
                            From having seen other WSs by Lowell, it would appear that they routinely state that.
                            If you have proof that you did contact them, use it to cast some doubt on the due diligence they should have used when preparing their WS.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Here are the documents in PDF format.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/md2aj6r0b...NNB6JjVQa?dl=0

If you can't view them in detail on the web browser download them. You should be able to then magnify them without the picture blurring.
                              Thanks again for taking the time to have a look [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], I know there are a lot of documents.
                              :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X