• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judges order in court reversed in letter to my solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judges order in court reversed in letter to my solicitor

Can you help or advise on a judges order in court on Sept 2016, regarding an order for costs in a divorce hearing. My ex was seeking costs against me for our divorce, I had asked the courts to allow each of us to pay our own costs due to the person I married had lied to me about her legal status in the UK along with the fact that she was in a long term relationship with another man, and never lived in my property and always rented her own home.. In the courts the judge ordered that we each pay our own costs and that my ex should pay half of my costs I heard what he said specifically and my ex was in tears due to the order. Two weeks later my solicitor sent me a letter stating that the order from the court was that I should pay my ex half of her costs and no mention of who should pay the divorce costs. My solicitor who was not present in court on the day wrote to the courts asking them to correct there error, there reply was the judge stands by what he has said in the letter, this is NOT what he said in the courtroom. I was then advised by my solicitor to write a letter to the courts which my solicitor helped with, two weeks later I have a reply from the courts saying that as I have a solicitor they will only talk to them and they cannot discuss the order with me, that's unfair as they have already replied to my solicitor and they know this. The judge made a mistake and needs to own up to it and correct the error he put in the letter, my house and my whole life depends on his order.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X