• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Made a complete mess of things and don't know what to do!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Made a complete mess of things and don't know what to do!

Hi everyone. I know it's been quite a while. A little update on things.

Credit reports still haven't got names linked even though the council were informed. The registers are shown as having been recieved and updated with then so why they haven't updated I do not know. I assume I will need to do this manually myself now?

With regards to the outstanding debts, I'll start first with PRA Group. They've sent a letter or two to my old address. I've worked our this is from Welcome Finance on an old loan. It's about £700. Can pay this off in full next month so will do that I think.

Natwest there is 2 accounts. One for a balance of £36. One for just over £2000 on an old overdraft that went out of control in the end. I have spoken to them. The accounts are still there despite being nearly 6 years old! Not sold on or anything. Seem happy enough to set up a monthly plan with me.

Question really is this: What do I do about the name on these accounts, bearing in mind I have changed my name since then. With Natwest I simply agree the payments over the phone and then set up a payment to debit card online. PRA can even be done cash. What would be my best course of action? Update the name or leave it as is because it'll likely be gone soon anyway?

I also had an old payday type loan from Oakam. Last heard years ago from Wright Halsall about it. Nothing since. Last payment was over 6 years ago for sure on that.

Any advice on what to do next will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X