• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Carphone warehouse bent my phone?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carphone warehouse bent my phone?!

Hi,

Sorry if the background to this seems a bit long. My iPhone had a fault, the signal kept cutting out many times per hour. I returned the phone to apple, they identified the fault as being with the cellular radio receiver. They also said it was out of warranty (18 months old on a 12 month warranty) so return the phone to the point of sale (Carphone warehouse) for a replacement. Which i did with the apple engineers report in-hand.

Phone returned to CPWH on the 19th of September, was told it would reach their repair centre in 4 days. 7 days later i called them for an update to be told they hadn't received the phone yet. Back to the store I go to be told I just missed their "weekly" collection (so much for being delivered to their repair centre within 4 days of drop off) so the phone had been sent 7 days after it was dropped off at the store. So I wait a few more days and get a text message telling me the phone is being sent back to the store.

A phone call to them revealed they discovered the phone was "bent, and not a warranty repair". The phone wasn't bent an hour before i dropped it off at their store when it had its assessment at the apple store, it was in its original box between the apple store assessment and the front desk of the CPWH.

What do I do?! They're taking no responsibility at all for the phones wellbeing during the 7 days it was sat at the CPWH store, or the packaging it was sent in (the CPWH advisor told me it was received to the repair centre in a bag, not any kind of protective box).

Any advice would be great!

Best regards

Richard
    Tags: None

Re: Carphone warehouse bent my phone?!

Is it the same phone? Sounds like a switch may have taken place.

Comment

Re: Carphone warehouse bent my phone?!

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
      Is it the same phone? Sounds like a switch may have taken place.
      Unfortunately im yet to collect the phone from the store again, it hasnt been delivered.

Ill check the serial number when its returned but i guess i have to work on the basis its the same phone for now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X