• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** HELP - CC Claim Form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Cohen Cramer Sols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP - County Court Claim Form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Cohen Cramer Solicitor

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Just tidied and a bit more formal.

nem
    Thank you so much for this! I will let you know what happens next.

Comment

Re: HELP - County Court Claim Form from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Cohen Cramer Solicitor

Originally posted by titanicsuite View Post
      Thank you so much for this! I will let you know what happens next.
      Yes please do, any developments you can tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and I will pick up the thread.

nem

Comment

@nemesis45

Well after filing my statute barred defense last week I received a letter today from Cohen Cramer Solicitors. It says:

"We have been served with a copy of your Defence filed in these proceedings.

Please note that as this claim is now defended, it is now being transferred to our client to be dealt with by their in house legal department. Please address all future correspondence to Lowell Financial Ltd"

I'm not quite sure what this means. Should I now contact Lowell Financial and ask them what they will be doing next. Should I be waiting to hear back from the court maybe?

Thank you!

Comment

@nemesis45

Well after filing my statute barred defense last week I received a letter today from Cohen Cramer Solicitors. It says:

"We have been served with a copy of your Defence filed in these proceedings.

Please note that as this claim is now defended, it is now being transferred to our client to be dealt with by their in house legal department. Please address all future correspondence to Lowell Financial Ltd"

I'm not quite sure what this means. Should I now contact Lowell Financial and ask them what they will be doing next. Should I be waiting to hear back from the court maybe?

Thank you!
          Now this could well be excellent news, once Lowell Solicitors gets its grubby mitts on the claim if all goes as others have they will mess up.

Wait for Lowell's legal lowlifes contact.

Once they do not rely on any statements that the matter is on hold, keep to the court deadlines.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Now this could well be excellent news, once Lowell Solicitors gets its grubby mitts on the claim if all goes as others have they will mess up.

Wait for Lowell's legal lowlifes contact.

Once they do not rely on any statements that the matter is on hold, keep to the court deadlines.

nem

Hi, Could you help me to understand what you mean by this?? i have been sent this exact response from Cohen and Cramer after defending my claim and i have no idea what this means, what to do next, what to expect from Lowell or Lucas or whoever else has been playing with my 'debts' lately.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nelsky View Post
              Hi, Could you help me to understand what you mean by this?? i have been sent this exact response from Cohen and Cramer after defending my claim and i have no idea what this means, what to do next, what to expect from Lowell or Lucas or whoever else has been playing with my 'debts' lately.

Thank You
              The letter is a standard response when a defence is filed, once the claimant receives your defence they have 28 days to respond to it.

If the claimant fails to respond the court will Stay (suspend) the claim and the claimant must pay a fee to continue the claim.

You are Not told when this happens so you will need to phone the court if you don't hear from the court/claimant.

nem

Comment

he means wait and see what Lowlifes in house solicitors come up with next! if anything ,

you have submitted your defence - next move is theirs if they bother to respond to the court, in most a lot of cases they do not!

Comment

I believe that if there is a change of legal representative, the Claimant has to inform the court & you should receive notification of it.
                  Also, to be pedantic, the Claimant is Lowell Portfolio, not Lowell Financial.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    he means wait and see what Lowlifes in house solicitors come up with next! if anything ,

you have submitted your defence - next move is theirs if they bother to respond to the court, in most a lot of cases they do not!

Great Thank You

So I'll wait patiently for 30 days from the date of my letter then.

Is it usual to not be able to reaccess the MCOL account once the defence is filed?

Sorry for jumping in here guys :-)

Comment

once filed it is recorded by date - you can go into MCOL to see but updates of non communication etc by creditor not recorded until and if something positive happens, in our case Nothing so the process went into stayed after 28 days you are not informed but we always suggest you ring the court after a bout a week to ask for update on situation.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        I believe that if there is a change of legal representative, the Claimant has to inform the court & you should receive notification of it.
                        Also, to be pedantic, the Claimant is Lowell Portfolio, not Lowell Financial.
                        Well today I received a letter from a 'Lowell Solicitors Limited' They attached a copy of an N434 Form - Notice of change of solicitor so I assuming that means they have now officially informed both the court and myself.

Just waiting to see what happens next now. I'll keep you updated. Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Well today I received a letter from a 'Lowell Solicitors Limited' They attached a copy of an N434 Form - Notice of change of solicitor so I assuming that means they have now officially informed both the court and myself.

Just waiting to see what happens next now. I'll keep you updated. Thanks everyone for your help!
                          Lowell is taking more and more debts back in house.

nem

Comment

Thanks to everyone so far for your help @nemesis45 @charitynjw @MIKE770

Today I received a letter from Lowell Solicitors. The letter said:

Please find enclosed a copy of the Directions Questionnaire which we have now lodged with the Court. You should have received a copy of the same for review and completion. The Court will use the information contained in both our copy and yours to make decisions about how the case should proceed.
                            They have attached a copy of the N180 Directions questionnaire (small claims track) (04.14)

They have ticked the boxes highlighed in blue below:
                            A1 Do you agree to this case being referred to the Small Claims Mediation Service? YES
                            C1 Do you agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case? YES
                            D2 Are you asking for the court's permission to use the written evidence of an expert? NO
                            D3 How many witnesses will give evidence on your behalf at the hearing? 0
                            D4 Are there any days in the next 6 months when you will not be able to attend? NO
                            Will you be using an interpreter at the hearing? NO

I have no received anything from the court as of yet. Should I contact them now? Also is this a standard request in this sort of case?

Many thanks

Comment

They have attached a copy of the N180 Directions questionnaire (small claims track) (04.14)

A1 Do you agree to this case being referred to the Small Claims Mediation Service? YES
                              C1 Do you agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for this case? YES
                              D2 Are you asking for the court's permission to use the written evidence of an expert? NO
                              D4 Are there any days in the next 6 months when you will not be able to attend? NO

I have no received anything from the court as of yet. Should I contact them now? Also is this a standard request in this sort of case?

Many thanks
                              Do you have your N180 yet?

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks
                              Do you have your N180 yet?

nem

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] No I have not received my N180 yet, should I be calling the court and asking them to send it out to me?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X