• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!!!!** County Court claim letter over parking fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: County Court claim letter over parking fines

Should have asked him if he had rights of audience to see the look on his face which would have given you a bigger clue than the answer

M1

Comment

I thought unneeded to ask the judge about rights of audience?

Comment

You do, but having a sly dig at the opponent outside court is my twisted idea of fun.

They might actually have them but then again they might not.

M1

Comment

I'll ask before we begin then in the room.

Comment

Claim dismissed. In short, not a contract but a prohibition therefore I win!

Comment

M1

Comment

Originally posted by jord22 View Post
                Well done to you and [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  Well done to you and @mystery1
                  Followed this with interest Well Done Both!!

Comment

Can I just place on record thank you to [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION], without him I wouldn't have had a chance to win. So thank you squire!

I'll surmise shortly what the DJ said.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                      Woo Hoo! Great news

Well Done Both.

I hope this triumph is going to be tweeted everywhere to encourage others to fight back.

Di

Comment

I'll surmise shortly what the DJ said.
                        Looking forward to it

M1

Comment

• Hello.
                          I just got into similar situation with parking tickets The difference is mine are from the car park where I live in block of flats.
                          when I moved in I was promised a permit which I was supposed to receive within couple of weeks which in reality took good few months. The car park was managed by UKPC at the time. I tried keeping my car out of the car park but sometimes I had no choice but to park in the car park as i am a single mum of 2 small children.
                          Last week I received a County Court Claim Form from SCS. I’m not sure what to do about it.
                          I contacted Citizens Advice Bureau but they only gave me some website to look at and told me I should pay the fines.
                          Is there anyone here that could give me some guidance please? I would be grateful ☺️

Comment

• Originally posted by eveLuna View Post
                            Hello.
                            I just got into similar situation with parking tickets The difference is mine are from the car park where I live in block of flats.
                            when I moved in I was promised a permit which I was supposed to receive within couple of weeks which in reality took good few months. The car park was managed by UKPC at the time. I tried keeping my car out of the car park but sometimes I had no choice but to park in the car park as i am a single mum of 2 small children.
                            Last week I received a County Court Claim Form from SCS. I’m not sure what to do about it.
                            I contacted Citizens Advice Bureau but they only gave me some website to look at and told me I should pay the fines.
                            Is there anyone here that could give me some guidance please? I would be grateful ☺️
                            Please start your own new thread as tagging on to others can be very confusing.
                            COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by eveLuna View Post
                              mine are from the car park where I live in block of flats.
                              when I moved in I was promised a permit which I was supposed to receive within couple of weeks which in reality took good few months.;
                              Is your flat a private leasehold, or a Housing Association property etc?

Does the lease or tenancy agreement expressly state that you state you can park there?

If you’re entitled to park in the car park then you could ask the property owner to help you with this.

What caused the delay in issuing your permit?

Di

Comment

• Thank you Diana.

It is a block of flats where most are private and some are Genesis HA - including mine.
                                The neighbourhood manager took his time sorting the permit. I kept calling and emailing. At first he told me I wasn’t allowed to park there until I receive my permit.
                                Genesis are in general slow at doing things.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X