• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TalkTalk advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TalkTalk advice please

My dad has had his phone moved to his new address. He was asked if he wanted to keep his old number to which he answered yes. At no point was he advised that he may not be able to keep it during the home move process. He now has a new number that he didn't want and i have just spent nearly 2 hours doing a live chat to find out why. He needs this number for work as all his customers have this number. If he had been informed in the first place that they may have been a chance he might not keep it he wouldn't have gone ahead. They say that the number has been disconnected and there is no way he can have it back. Some advice would be great thanks
    Tags: None

Re: TalkTalk advice please

Originally posted by leenebean26 View Post
    My dad has had his phone moved to his new address. He was asked if he wanted to keep his old number to which he answered yes. At no point was he advised that he may not be able to keep it during the home move process. He now has a new number that he didn't want and i have just spent nearly 2 hours doing a live chat to find out why. He needs this number for work as all his customers have this number. If he had been informed in the first place that they may have been a chance he might not keep it he wouldn't have gone ahead. They say that the number has been disconnected and there is no way he can have it back. Some advice would be great thanks

Good evening welcome to LB,

I don't think there's any miracle way out of this, but you should make a Formal Complaint to Talk. Talk especially as there was reason for retaining the number there is however a possible problem it your dads account a business or a personal account?

nem

Comment

He has logged a complaint and i was told someone from management will be in touch. He is self employed so all his customers have his now old number.

Comment

He has logged a complaint and i was told someone from management will be in touch. He is self employed so all his customers have his now old number.
        Is his phone account specifically for business?
        nem

Comment

My dad has had his phone moved to his new address. He was asked if he wanted to keep his old number to which he answered yes. At no point was he advised that he may not be able to keep it during the home move process.
          Was this a BT landline? If so it may not have been technically possible to keep his old number when he moved if it was on a different exchange.

But from what you say Talk Talk offered him that option so maybe there has been an error their end.

The old phone line may well have been disconnected but the number won't have been reallocated to a new subscriber (they're usually held for six months) so your Dad should fight to get the line livened up and calls redirected to his new number while the problem gets resolved.

Di

Comment

He uses it as personal as well as business. He had to have a new line put up at his new address as there wasn't one there. He was not advised that he could lose the number and the person i spoke to on live chat apologized for not informing us about it and i have a copy of it in my emails

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X