• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED**Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 ltd vs Asdaq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 ltd vs Asdaq

Originally posted by asdaq View Post
    do I put in a defence best on failure to proved the documents requested if they can't agree to an extension by then?
    You may wish to include in your Defence that you believe the debt to be Statute Barred too

I see no reason to lament the fact that they didn't agree to an extension of time to file your Defence.

My firm's attitude is to get on with things without giving the Claimant any extra time to come up with the goods which they should have had in their possession before they issued the claim in the first place.

Di

Comment

Hello Nem,

Many thanks..i'll work on it straight away

regards
      Asdaq

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Di

Many thanks,I'll work on it..

regards
      Asdaq

Comment

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT (CCBC)
        CASE No: xxxxxx
        BETWEEN:
        Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd CLAIMANT
        - and -
        MR. xxxxxxxxxxxx DEFENDANT

Defence

1: I received the claim xxxxxxxxxx from the Northampton County Court on 19 SEP 2016.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Credit Card agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from MKDP LLP (Ex HSBC) to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd but doesn’t specify when. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. It is denied that MKDP LLP served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

8: On the 26/09/2016, I sent request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Howard Cohen and Co. by recorded delivery. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Assignment.

9. Howard Cohen and Co. has not sent any of these documents to me.

10. On the 26/09/2016 I sent a formal request by recorded delivery for a copy of the original agreement to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd pursuant to section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 77(4) / s 78(6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

12: I have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of my defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have not been able to put this in writing.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.
        17. Last but not least, I believe the debt is statute barred.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed
        xxxxxxxxxx

Date
        21/10/2016

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 77(4) / s 78(6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.
          11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78(6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

17. Last but not least, I believe the debt is statute barred.
          Imho this needs some work.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Further to [MENTION=38161]char[/MENTION]itnjw post .

7. MKDP would not send Default Notice, the original creditor will have done this.

What are the grounds for stating the alleged debt is statute barred? no payments or written acknowledgments having been made in more than six years?

nem

Comment

7.HSBC may have sent it but i have no proof of whether it was sent or not...

No payments or written acknowledgements in more than 6 years

Comment

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.
                would the above work? would court really order anything acting upon such request?

I believe they (BCC court) do not even read defence (neither claim for that matter) - they just let the process run through its course and if it goes to hearing then the judge on the day will have a look at whatever documents are on the table and give a verdict "on the balance of probabilities" (or something like that)

Comment

Hello there,

Its been a month since i sent in my defense.I got a letter from the court today saying,"Notice of proposed allocation to the small Claims Track". Apparently, i must complete the small claims directions questionnaire (form N180) by 9 December 2016..Any suggestions of my way forward?

Any help would be appreciated..

Comment

Hello there,

Its been a month since i sent in my defense.I got a letter from the court today saying,"Notice of proposed allocation to the small Claims Track". Apparently, i must complete the small claims directions questionnaire (form N180) by 9 December 2016..Any suggestions of my way forward?

Any help would be appreciated..
                    Fill in and send a copy of the N180 to claimants solicitors and the court keeping a copy for yourself.

If you have trouble with the questions please come back here.

nem

Comment

Hello again,

About filling in the N180 form...
                      1. Do i agree to the case being referred to the small claims mediation service?
                      2. Is "the small claims track" my best option?
                      3. should i go ahead with mediation even though i finally got an extension from howard cohen although the(( letter came a day after my deadline for the defence(21/10/2016)...i got the letter on 22/10/2016

Comment

Hello again,

About filling in the N180 form...
                        1. Do i agree to the case being referred to the small claims mediation service?
                        2. Is "the small claims track" my best option?
                        3. should i go ahead with mediation even though i finally got an extension from howard cohen although the(( letter came a day after my deadline for the defence(21/10/2016)...i got the letter on 22/10/2016
                        Good morning:

1.Yes
                        2.Yes
                        3. You will receive " small claims mediation service questionnaire " later which is when the decision to mediate is really made, if you don't have all the documents to enable the appointment to go ahead then it will not go forward.

nem

Comment

Many thanks Nem..

Comment

I filled -in nd sent back the small claims mediation form I received from the court..got a call from the mediation team a few days ego..who asked if I had all I needed to continue with the mediation service(over phone).. I told them that"I didn't because,I still hadn't received the documents I requested from the claimant...I was then told that mediation was nolonger possible and that the case would proceed to my local court..I was also advised to get intouch with the claimant & try to get the documents..where do I stand if I never get anything from the claimant?

Any advice would be appreciated.
                            Many thanks

Comment

I filled -in nd sent back the small claims mediation form I received from the court..got a call from the mediation team a few days ego..who asked if I had all I needed to continue with the mediation service(over phone).. I told them that"I didn't because,I still hadn't received the documents I requested from the claimant...I was then told that mediation was nolonger possible and that the case would proceed to my local court..I was also advised to get intouch with the claimant & try to get the documents..where do I stand if I never get anything from the claimant?

Any advice would be appreciated.
                              Many thanks
                              Your local court will be in touch with you with a judges directions as to how and what happens next.
                              If the claimant has not responded to your defence the claim will be stayed (suspended) , if the claimant fails to comply with the CCA request then the debt is rendered unenforceable until the agreement or a compliant reconstituted one is provided.
                              nem

Comment

Many thanks Nem...we'll keep you updated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X