• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED**Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 ltd vs Asdaq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 ltd vs Asdaq

Hello there,

Just to let you know,I got a letter from Howard Cohen saying that the claimant had decided to discontinue the case & that they were going to notify the court..They also said that," that didn't mean the debt wasn't force-able in the future..

Many thanks for all the help

Comment

That's great to hear

The debt may be enforceable in the future - IF they come up with the documents and apply to the court with a damn good reason why they should be allowed a 'second bite of the cherry'. Unlikely to happen.

This one is over with soon as you get the notice of discontinuance copy
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by asdaq View Post
        I got a letter from Howard Cohen saying that the claimant had decided to discontinue the case & that they were going to notify the court..They also said that," that didn't mean the debt wasn't force-able in the future..
        That's excellent news

Since you have already filed your Defence they can't re-issue without permission from the court and they're unlikely to get that if the potential claim is for the same or substantially the same facts as the original claim and any legal arguments which you raised in your Defence even if they weren't included in the Claimant's POC.

That's why it's always good to file a comprehensive Defence - as you did.

Great result!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by asdaq View Post
          Hello there,

Just to let you know,I got a letter from Howard Cohen saying that the claimant had decided to discontinue the case & that they were going to notify the court..They also said that," that didn't mean the debt wasn't force-able in the future..

Many thanks for all the help
          Well done asdaq!!

nem

Comment

Re: **DISCONTINUED**Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 ltd vs Asdaq

Good result, asdaq.

Keep your file (including the discontinuance notice) safe.
            You probably won't need it........but just in case!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks everyone,

they did attach a" notice of discontinuance" to their letter...

Comment

Fabulous - Congratulations then ( you might want to check the court have received it next week sometime just to be absolutely certain )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X