• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AfroAsh VS Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AfroAsh VS Lowell

Ok

The big question......did you, either in your submitted defence or in a separate CCA request, ask for or mention disclosure of documents via sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974? (You did try to do so, I believe!)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Ok

The big question......did you, either in your submitted defence or in a separate CCA request, ask for or mention disclosure of documents via sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974? (You did try to do so, I believe!)

Just looked through my defence and the below was included. Looks like I did.
      11. On the 04/10/2016 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell pursuant to section [77 or 78] of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Comment

Ok, not the end of the world.
        Contrary to the usual mantra spouted by various debt purchase companies that mobile phone agreements are not regulated, some are.
        An example - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-...c90eee9bc06047
        If it were me I'd wait until closer to the ?March 8th? deadline to submit your WS, just in case Lowells produce any further documentation
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Just came from the hearing. Unfortunately Lowell won the case. The judge agreed that they are under no obligation to provide the requested documents. When I mentioned the CPR 31 request. The judge replied that small claims are exempt from that. I replied that there must be some sort of legislation allowing me to inspect the documents. The judge replied ' I am not aware of any unless you know otherwise". That's it in a nutshell.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X