• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR to HMRC Tax Credits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR to HMRC Tax Credits

HMRC allege my son has been overpaid WTC.
    Mid July re rang HMRC to query, and gave them authority to speak to me on his behalf. (Son suffered a traumatic brain injury in a RTA 3 years ago, whilst he made a remarkable recovery, he cannot seem to absorb info as well as he could prior to the accident)

Anyway during the conversation HMRC admitted an error on its own part, and that a new award notice would be sent out together with a dispute form. I wrote a letter on sons behalf confirming what was discussed during the telephone conversation.

Fast forward Son has received letter from HMRC basically saying that after reviewing his account the overpayment stands. No surprise that HMRC failed to mention of their previously confirmed error, nor a dispute form.

I suggested sending a SAR to HMRC and specifically requesting the recording of the the telephone conversation of 18th July.

Has anyone any experience of DSAR to HMRC, or any ideas that may help
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: SAR to HMRC Tax Credits

Thread moved & bumped.

Comment

Re: SAR to HMRC Tax Credits

SAR sent to HMRC who have replied as follows-
      "Thank you for your letter dated 2nd October
      I am returning your cheque as we do not charge for this service
      A reply to your letter will be issued by the Tax Credit Department"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X