• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bwlegal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwlegal

Hi there

My daughter, driving my car, received a parking notice from Excel Parking for parking without paying at Rainbow Slides car park in Stirling in Scotland. The reason she didn't pay was because the car park is split - one half is tarmac and the other is rubble and she innocently thought it was wasteland. Anyway, I have had 2 letters from them (Excel) which I have ignored and now had my 2nd lawyer's letter from bwlegal threatening to issue court proceedings if I don't pay £154 (inclusive of £54 legal fee) - should I continue to ignore? I own the car but I wasn't driving.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Last edited by mrslindaloo; 28th September 2016, 18:22:PM. Reason: to make clear Scottish law will apply
    Tags: None

Re: bwlegal

I would probably ignore. If it isn't a letter before action.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...g-ticket-case/

M1

Comment

thanks M1 - it is a final notice, not sure if that is a letter before action?

Comment

It's not.

M1

Comment

ok, thank you! Will ignore it then. What will happen next? sorry for all the questions!

Comment

Probably a letter before action, eventually.

Not seen any scottish ones though so maybe they just made a mistake.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X