• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EMH Housing Association Maint Issues - Help!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMH Housing Association Maint Issues - Help!?

Good Morning One and All - For Once I am not posting something i debt, however I need to some advice as I seem to be getting nowhere with EMH Homes and Rural Housing Association, it seems they can drag heals and keep saying no to everything and that is that.
    I've gotten a bit tired of writing email after email ( especially when they reply via written letter to delay things!)

Basically I live in a one bedroom ground floor flat with the wife, its a great money saver, and helped us get back on our feet. Job done. However we missed out on a home (as she is now pregnant with our first!) to somebody who forced the situation by moving in with a partner into a one bedroom flat with 3 kids, to force the move the old "look at me im desperate" and then moved out of their real home...CON but hey ho i'm over that as hopfully mortgage in a year or two.
    When we moved int he living room had all 4 walls "vibrant" colours we had to decorate re plaster some walls, fix the fire place and decorate every single room in the flat walls and roof to carpets which was apparently part of the tenancy but you only want to spend so many hundreds or ever approaching 1000's there becomes a time when I say enough is enough.

Moreover to the advice i need. I have written 3 letters now asking for a few items to be rectified and to be treated fairly like other tenants here as there are 3 houses 4 flats.
    In short, I have requested,
    1) New Heating System as we are on storage heaters, with enough hot water in 1 day to allow 1 bath (no shower as they wont put one in) or half a bath and wash up.
    2)New Bathroom suit or to be refurbished.
    3) a back garden Gate

HEating systems where installed in 1 of the flats and all of the homes, however we got missed out, and we actually watched the work men do the other homes. When other are getting this, where they are then graced with hot water in tap, pressure in the taps to maybe create your own shower the old way of tap showers. which we cannot get and have been told so, by a plumber they sent. Winter does not go well with these heaters and witha pregnant wife I want to make sure she isn't sat in cold and can have baths when needed not on a rota basis.

Bathroom - Now I can live with the suit being about 25 years old, however the plaster coming off the walls, the floor being the same age as the building is really not great there is damp in there also, they have told me it is my possibility. However being friends with other tenants here, it appears all other properties under EMH homes have had new suits and showers installed. Again except for ours, and keep getting told as there is nothing wrong they wont do anything....why has this flat been missed out and others receiving new suits.

Gates - Again minor issue, except all the local children and Dogs come into our garden and just make it a mess, Newest neighbour has had a new gate installed, The maintenance person and I quote said" there was a panel not right so i replaced it, as you don't have a gate already we wouldn't replace it"
    The fact is that gate was in perfect condition in such a fact that i would have had that as a gate on our property. This property has also had fencing put in. Again I fail to see why this property is receiving all asked for and we again get pushed away. the Maint Guy did perk up when i mentioned Dogs coming into the garden and leaving presents, however going back to his office had changed his mind.

This might all seem petty but when we are all paying our rent and the houses are the same as the flats in terms of rent it seems extreaml;y unfair they treat one property different to ours and somehow feels a little personal.

I am after a little help as it seems their complaints procedure is non exsistant, as the Support person doesn't help only relays information on from EMH homes. I am not sure who to contact, and surely with the OH being pregnant surely they can't keep treating us as such.

Hope Somebody can help out here on where to go from here to be heard correctly and just to point out (rather childishly probably) that others have had these items and not ourseveles, this is not a case of they had it now i want it, it was me complaining and finding out slowly that they already had all these things.

All the best PTD
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X