• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on betsite email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on betsite email

Hi all,

I am currently in the USA and have been for a while. I recently had my account with a betting website suspended after they found this out, as the USA is a "restricted territory" and betting from here isn't allowed - I have been circumventing this by disguising my IP, on the previous advice of an employee from this betting company.

Anyway, I recently told this betting company that it was their employee who advised me to do this, and that I had another account with them. This was after they honoured bets in my now suspended account, which were made from the USA - and these bets won me about 2K.

These are the two messages they have recently sent as part of larger emails -

"I would also like to advise you that we do accept business from a restricted territory, if you open another account and hide that you are in a restricted territory to place bets. Your transactions will be void and your deposits will be returned to you, whether these are winners or losers. Receipt of this email is our understanding that you are fully aware of the repercussions should you continue to access our site from a restricted territory."

Transactions are basically money deposited, bets placed, and successful bets paid back into my account balance.

And then -

"Your account has been closed. If any further accounts are opened and bets placed whilst in a restricted territory, once these are detected all bets will be void - win or lose, and your deposits returned."

Based on these messages, I have been betting based on the reading that when they discover this other account info, whether from me or on their own, all bets will be voided, and it will be treated as if nothing has happened, and I will be refunded all deposits - both current unsettled bets and old settled bets.

Basically, I believe I can keep placing these bets as if risk-free, because whilst I am in the USA, they are now obligated to refund them when they find out anyway.

Fair?
    Tags: None

Re: Advice on betsite email

Not if you're beaking federal or state laws in placing the bets.

Comment

You aren't breaking federal law by online gambling, but you could run foul of some state laws.

Fair? not really, and I thought part of the attraction of gambling was the risk factor.

Comment

And a to my reading of their emails?

Comment

How do you propose to force them to return your bets?
          You could hardly take them to court and say "yer honour, i bet illegally and now want my money back because they sent me an email"
          And if they do return your bets, declaring them void because you broke the law, they could just as easily sue you for the return of your wins (if any) as they followed your illegal actions.

Comment

Because they have said this is what they will do.

It was also their staff who advised me to circumvent their system by hiding my IP, and on how to so this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X