• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales Compliance/Enforcement fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales Compliance/Enforcement fees

Hi

Thanks for any help in advance.

I have a council tax debt for around £300 plus £75 compliance fee from Bailiff.

I set up a £30 repayment agreement with Rossendales, and paid the first £30 on 1st August. I completely forgot about the charge due on 1st September, remembering on 14th September where I made the £30 payment.

I have today received a visit from an agent. They said I have gone into default, despite making the second payment before today, and have now added £235 for the visit. I also now have to deal with the bailiff to set up a new payment plan, as the letter he handed to me tells me full payment is needed in the next few days.

Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to just swallow it and deal with it.

This is the first time I have received any visit and the bailiff did not enter my premises.

Regards

Shaun
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales Compliance/Enforcement fees

How much is the debt that Rossendales are enforcing?

Comment

Well its £300, plus £65 Liability order plus their £75 compliance fee so £440.

As I said, £30 monthly repayment was agreed, paid on time 1st August, but late in September. Arrived today adding £235 in fees and demanding full repayments.

Thanks for your reply,

Shaun

Comment

Sorry to say but it appears it is of your own doing as you did default on the agreed payment plan. You could try appealing to their better nature but that will probably fall on deaf ears as would asking the Council for help. It may well be worth contacting your local Councillor(s) and ask they help you as they may be able to bring some pressure to bear - has to be worth a try.

Comment

This is a tough one but it is certainly worth challenging.

If the OP is still reading the thread, perhaps he could confirm the following:

1. To the best of your recollection, did you agree to make payments on the 1st of every month or did you just agree to monthly payments? (Rossendales will almost certainly have a recording of your call)
          2. After making the agreement, did Rossendales explain to you the consequences of not paying or being late in making payment?
          3. Has the bailiff who visited you left any paperwork with you?
          4. Has he left it to you to call him or has he told you that he will be returning?
          5. Did he enter your home?
          5. Did he make any attempt to take control of your goods?
          6. did you have a car outside?

Comment

I tend to agree with Ploddertom in this. The bailiff would have suspended enforcement based on your promise of payment, as opposed to contracting a repayment regime.

Comment

Originally posted by Henti View Post
              I tend to agree with Ploddertom in this. The bailiff would have suspended enforcement based on your promise of payment, as opposed to contracting a repayment regime.
              Yes but further facts need to be ascertained.

If you were in the OP's shoes, wouldn't you want to challenge it, if there was an option to do so? What has he got to lose?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X