• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN received in Barking for turning around on a one way street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN received in Barking for turning around on a one way street

Hi
    Received a PCN on the 6th of September 2016 for "Failing to drive in the direction shown by the arrow on a blue sign (proceeding in the wrong direction)
    Went for the first time in that street to pick up my daughter from school. There is no indication whatsoever at the entrance of the street that it is converting into a one way after a few yards. (don't understand the point in making it 2 way for only 7 to 10 yards)
    As I was new to the area, I parked the vehicle just after the blue arrow sign on the left and turned around from there. There was one way written on the road but when your vehicle is right on the sign you cannot read what is written right under you. So I turned around not knowing that it is a one way from exactly that spot. Poor signage and no warning at the entrance of the street could probably be one reason of overlooking the sign.
    Anyways, made a representation within 7 days of the notice and received a notice of rejection of representation within 5 days of it.
    Now given a chance to appeal to the adjudicator to London Tribunals.
    Can someone please guide me through the appeal procedure and help me in preparing some grounds for appeal and appropriate statement for the same.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: PCN received in Barking for turning around on a one way street

Hey mushi how're you doing?

I'll give [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] a shout for you.

Comment

Sorry, it's not my area and i have no clue .

M1

Comment

[MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] ?

Comment

Sorry, out of my remit as well I think.. not an expert in these types of charges but I think des directed me to http://forums.pepipoo.com/ when I had an issue and that might be the best forum to give you advice and help on any appeal.

You will probably need to provide them with evidence such as any photos and also what representations you made to the council for them to assist.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

To be successful at these events you need to show that the signage did not comply in some way with the regulations.
            Eg are the signs positioned correctly, facing the right way at the right heights.
            Do the road markings comply, etc
            Were the correct procedures followed when setting up the one way system.

One hope is that the signs are so positioned they were obscured by a large vehicle (bus?), but that would/should show up on the cctv.

As R0b suggests Pepipoo have a wealth of experience in this field, and are probably the best to advise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X