• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with CCJ. Arrow Global & Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with CCJ. Arrow Global & Restons

Originally posted by willow6972 View Post
    [IMG]IMG_7330[/IMG]
    Erm........
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Particulars of Claim

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant under a contract between the Defendant and MBNA dated on or about xxx xx xxxx and assigned to the claimant on xxx xx xxxx

Particulars ac/ no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      DATE
      XX/XX/2016

ITEM
      Default Balance

VALUE

£XXXX.XX

TOTAL

£XXXX.XX

Comment

Ok.

As things stand they are non-compliant as regards the CCA request. (Not only due to the illegible copy, you should also have received legible T&Cs as at inception, plus any subsequent variations, & a signed statement of the account).

The court timetable is paramount; unless they accept your invitation of a 28 day extension (per the CPR letter), you will need to file a defence at court within 33 days of the claim issue date.
        If you have not received anything further from the Claimant/sols between now & a couple of days or so before the 'defence date', you can use the defence example on the top of this thread, suitably tweaked to show that the response to your CCA request is not compliant.
        I also note that the agreement (contract) was from 2005.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok, will wait and see what comes back.
          Is the date of the agreement siginificant?

Comment

Good Morning!

I have had a reply from Restons re my CPR request. Knowing Restons it's a standard response to this type of request, but I need you to tell me how to respond please.

'We acknowledge receipt of your recent request made pursuant tp CPR 31.14

We would point out that the claim was issued via the County Court Business Centre which is a procedure specifically provided for the CPR. This procedure only allows a claimant to insert brief details of the claim and does not allow for the attachment of any disclosures. Paragraph 5.2A of Practice of Direction 7E specifically states "the requirement in paragraph 7.3 of Practice Direction 16 for documents to be attached to the particulars of contact claims does not apply to claims using the online claim form, unless the particulars of claim are served separately in accordance with paragraph 5.2 of this practice direction."

We would also remind you that CPR 31.14 states;-

"A party may inspect a document mentioned in-

a) a statement of case
            b) a witness statement
            c) a witness summery; or
            d) an affidavit."

You would have been provided with a copy of the contractual Terms and Conditions at the time the account was opened and hence we see no reason why you now require an additional copy.
            Furthermore, the other documents you have requested are not "mentioned" in the particulars in the particulars of claim and therefore CPR 31.14(1) does not apply.

Although your letter states that you require the requested documents in order to file a defence/counterclaim, we would point out that the particulars of claim contains sufficient information in order for you to understand what the claim relates to, namely;

a) the date the account was opened
            b) the account number
            c) the outstanding balance
            d) the name of the original creditor; and
            e) the fact that the account has been assigned to the claimant and when it was assigned.

blah blah blah,,,,, Restons.

The particulars of claim only stated contract and assignment, so that is all I asked for.

Comment

Is the date of the agreement siginificant?
              It is possible that s127(3) of the original 1974 CCA may be relevant.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ahh right. Any ideas as to how I reply to this mornings letter?

Comment

What did you ask for via the CPR request?
                  Was it only the agreement & the NoA per your previous post?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Used the template letter above and asked for contract (that's what they called it on POC) and notice of assignment. Only asked for what they had put in POC

Comment

Can anybody help with a reply to the last letter from Restons please?

Comment

they are trying to allay you - usual nonsense from them, CPR31.14 is relevant up unto allocation - they are trying no doubt to cover the fact they do not hold necessary document for now. they are the pits and certainly not ethical in their business mind you neither are a lot of others in that so called profession

Comment

Can anybody help with a reply to the last letter from Restons please?
                          For the Personal Attention Of.
                          Nigel Coe
                          Director
                          Restons Solicitors

Date:

Re: County Court Claim No.''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''
                          Claimant.....................................

Dear Mr Coe,

I am in receipt of a letter from Restons in response to my request for inspection of documents mentioned in the particulars of this claim under the provisions of CPR 31.14.

You are reminded that this claim has not been allocated to any track therefore the request is relevant.

What documents I may or may not have received from the original creditor is of no relevance at all as I am requesting sight of the documents your client intends to reply on in court.

Please therefore send the documents required by return of post or confirm that your client was not in possession of said documents on the date tis claim was issued.

Restons conduct in this matter will be brought to the attention of the court.

Yours etc.

Use signed for post, check delivery date and signature and print off a copy.

nme

Comment

Thanks!

I need to start thinking about my defence I suppose

I never wanted not to pay this debt. I just wanted to see the credit agreement and terms, as I had questions as to how the balance was so much. The credit agreement they (arrow) sent is totally illegible. I cannot read the terms at all. I wrote for a clearer credit agreement to be sent. Restons issued court papers instead.

How do you very brilliant people suggest I handle the next step?

Comment

Thanks!

I need to start thinking about my defence I suppose

I never wanted not to pay this debt. I just wanted to see the credit agreement and terms, as I had questions as to how the balance was so much. The credit agreement they (arrow) sent is totally illegible. I cannot read the terms at all. I wrote for a clearer credit agreement to be sent. Restons issued court papers instead.

How do you very brilliant people suggest I handle the next step?
                              Willow if the agreement is illegible in any part it's not compliant.

My suggestion is in post #27 for immediate action.

nem,

Comment

Right, done that. Will post recorded tomorrow. I was just thinking ahead, the defence part terrifies me, I am aware that Restons aren't the nicest. I want to do everything I possibly can to avoid a CCJ!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X