• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**SET ASIDE & discontinued** Have just discovered I have a CCJ!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have just discovered I have a CCJ!

Originally posted by CharlieP View Post
    Incidentally, I notice that my credit report has my current and old address linked. The source of the link is none other than the claimant back in 2013.
    Well I guess that proves (to me) that Hoist have been playing silly buggers when filing this claim, as good a reason ( and proof) for getting the CCJ set aside.
    What for guidance is the default date on the Noddle report.

nem

Comment

I notice that my credit report has my current and old address linked. The source of the link is none other than the claimant back in 2013.
      This just keeps on getting better and better

I wouldn't write to them right now.

Accusing them of "abuse of process" will only put their backs up. Sometimes things are best done by co-operation in preference to confrontation.

Wait until you've got all your ducks lined up in a row.

Di

Comment

My brother got a CCJ set aside and told the judge that i had never seen it before as they purposely sent to old address despite having access to credit systems which show current address being different.

The judge gave them 60 days to respond or he will throw it out. 60 days later the judgement was removed and thrown out!!!

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] The default date on Noddle is Sept 2011.

- - - Updated - - -
          [MENTION=55575]pandamonia[/MENTION] that sounds encouraging. I guess it's all down to the judge.

Comment

@nemesis45 The default date on Noddle is Sept 2011.
            so

Ok I suspect then that the actual default date (knowing BC's ideas of registering defaults very late) may be considerably earlier.

From your " evidence " there has been an abuse of process and as pandemonia has shown a judge was not impressed with the claimant in that case.

The letter is fine as it is Charlie.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              so
              The letter is fine as it is Charlie.
              Thanks nem. I have removed the bit about requesting copies etc as Di pointed out plus I got them from MCOL.

Comment

I have removed the bit about requesting copies etc as Di pointed out
                There are other things that need to be removed and other things which need to be added, but I wouldn't want to be seen to criticize the author of that letter so I'll keep quiet

What I will ask is why are you threatening to make the set aside application on 3rd December when you've given them seven days to respond to your letter (deadline 30th September)? If I received that letter I would diary date to ignore it until 1st December since you've more or less said you won't do anything until then.

Added to that the court expects you to apply for a set aside as soon as practicable after you've have discovered the CCJ (within 21 days).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  From what you say so far Charlie Hoist were fully aware of your correct address i.e. the letter before action and now the judgement order reaching you without problem.
                  The OP has said that the Default Judgment was sent (email) to him by MCOL after he called them this morning.

The court would have sent the original Order by post to the same address as the summons. Both have gone to the wrong address.

Di

Comment

Just an update. After a panic, I contacted Joanna Connolly Solicitors who set to work and succeeded it getting it set aside. A court date was set for this month and just before the witness statement was due they discontinued

Brilliant work by Joanna Connolly and her team. Highly recommended.

Comment

Congratulations Charlie. Great to hear things worked out for you xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I contacted Joanna Connolly Solicitors who set to work and succeeded it getting it set aside. A court date was set for this month and just before the witness statement was due they discontinued
                        As you say they went all the way down to the wire.

Some solicitors work on the basis of 'first to blink'. They were the first to blink

It's finally over.

Di
                        Last edited by Diana M; 1st February 2017, 23:54:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X