• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repossession and home rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossession and home rights

If home rights were registered on a property six years prior to a mortgage being registered and the house is repossessed, what happens to the home rights? The mortgage was not held by the person with the home rights, nor was the property in their name. Also the repossession court order does not require the holder of the home rights to Repay the mortgage (it does of the mortgage holder) or release the home rights.
    Tags: None

Re: Repossession and home rights

this is th only relevant write up i would find

http://www.irwinmitchell.com/about-u...t-is-the-point
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
      this is th only relevant write up i would find

http://www.irwinmitchell.com/about-u...t-is-the-point
      Thank you. Unfortunately all the advice seems to assume the mortgage was registered before the home rights notice. Nobody can tell me what the situation is if the home rights was registered first.

The he closest I have is lawyers telling me the legislation binds third parties who purchase a property with the home rights intact and that those new owners are bound by the home rights. They think that might also apply to mortgages. I just don't want to pay lawyers who can't point yo case law and say that it has been established that this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by just_me View Post
        If home rights were registered on a property six years prior to a mortgage being registered and the house is repossessed, what happens to the home rights? The mortgage was not held by the person with the home rights, nor was the property in their name. Also the repossession court order does not require the holder of the home rights to Repay the mortgage (it does of the mortgage holder) or release the home rights.
        I'm guessing this is not a hypothetical question

Is this something which involves your current home or property, and/or has their been a repossession at any stage which effects you in some way?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          I'm guessing this is not a hypothetical question

Is this something which involves your current home or property, and/or has their been a repossession at any stage which effects you in some way?

Di
          Yes it is. Ex-h and his parents manufactured a mortgage to defeat my home rights. The mortgage was registered some years after my home rights. Although they had initially given him most of the money for the property as a gift. We did live there but are overseas and were renting it out to pay for our housing here. The mortgages repossessed the property. Ex-h did not defend. He also stopped paying child support so I could not afford a lawyer and prevented me from taking our small children out of the country we are in so I could not even represent myself. Therefore his parents got a default ruling granting them the property (yes the judge was aware of my situation but would not grant me time to sort it out)

Comment

Who was the mortgage lender who repossesed the property (when was that?) and what (if anything) was registered on Land RegIstry about your "home rights"?

Di

Comment

Lenders were his parents and the mortgage was registered after my home rights

Comment

ahhha,

So, home rights given before mortgagee

1. was there a mortgagee on the property at the time the rights were granted,
                2. Who was the owner at the time the home rights were granted.
                3. Didnt you have to relinquish your home rights upon the mortgagee by the parents.

( upon getting morgagee, the co usualy sends a letter to all occupiers in the property, informing them of the morgagee )

actually, was it a proper morgegge they gave, or a home lone as a first charge against the property.

I think what you saying is, the parents morgagee and action, were basically set up to subvert the home rights that you had established.
                I dont know anything firm about this ( had to read up before i put a response ) but:

i, I would guess continuing home rights might be tide to occupation
                ii, I still think the morgage holder, if done properly, can repossess and end all rights.

One of the man questions i suppose, was how twas the mortgagee set up.
                Last edited by Crazy council; 27th September 2016, 09:33:AM.
                crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X