• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RE: Brother blocking me from contacting my mother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Brother blocking me from contacting my mother

Hi, hopefully I have got this on the right part of the forum.

I am having severe issues with my younger brother, which start around 5 years ago but escalated when my father passed just over three years ago. I need to explain in brief detail the situation so you get an understanding. We had a falling out prior to Christmas 2013 when I suggested that we spend Xmas together as a family, due to my father dying earlier that year, and it would make things a bit easier on my mother. He refused to do this, stating he would be on holiday. Soon after this he started sending aggressive text messages and saying rather nasty things to myself and then in early January 2014 started abusive texts to my wife including death threats. At this point I involved the Police and they verbally reprimanded him for his actions. We didn’t speak for over two years but in January of this year my mother said that she was moving to South Wales with my brother. I stated that we needed to resolve the family issue so that I could visit her but also that I have a little niece (3 years old and my brothers daughter) who hardly knows us. Eventually under some persuasion I met with my brother in March just before they moved to Wales, we met at my Mums on neutral ground and then had a day out with my brother, his wife and daughter plus my wife. All went well and we visited them in Wales just after they moved in. Since that day there was no contact from my brother, I kept asking my Mum but she just made excuses for him. Eventually I emailed him and politely asked if he was going to attempt to make amends, I got an abrupt email saying “NO”. So, I left it there.

The next thing I know about three weeks ago is when I get an email from him saying that he has reported us to Facebook for posting two pictures (one on my FB account and one on my wifes FB account) of his daughter. He stated that the photos had been taken without his knowledge. However, one photo was taken by his wife when we all met up in April and the other was taken in his house in Wales when we visited. These were deleted by FB as their guidelines state that any pictures of minors (under 13) uploaded without parents consent will be taken down. The email also stated that he would be reporting us to the authorities in regards to the pictures. At this point I contacted the Police again, as they had stated previously that we should notify them of any further harrassment from my brother. Once again, they took a statement and advised as my brother had technically done nothing illegal to leave things as they were but to contact if anything else happened.

Well it did, two weeks ago a further aggressive email from my brother with the subject line “WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM“. All due to my wife looking at a business page he had on Facebook and accidently hitting the like button. As soon as she had realised she had done this she unliked it. Anyway, he was very abusive and reiterated that they didn’t want anything to do with us. When he says they, he means himself, wife and daughter. However, he is a very controlling person and I know that his wife does not or has any reason to feel like he does towards us. He has know blocked our landline number from calling the house, so I have no way of calling my mother. She has a mobile but they live in a very remote region and the signal is very poor.

I apologise for the length of this but my main question is where do I stand legally in regards to him restricting contact with my mother? They live 300 miles away so not exactly around the corner. My main concern if there is ever an emergency there is a good chance I will not be able to get hold of my mother and that worries me.

Not sure if I am wasting my time trying to pursue this, but I am adamant that he is not going to ruin my relationship with my mother.

Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Brother blocking me from contacting my mother

So, although you cannot phone your mother, there are other means of communication.
    Is she able to access the internet.. if so there is email and skype.
    If not there is the good old snail mail. It might not be instant but it has served many people over many years before the advent of IT.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X