• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Demand for payment from DRP onbehalf of Premier Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demand for payment from DRP onbehalf of Premier Parking

My wife received a 'Demand for payment - unpaid Parking Charge Notice' for £150 from DRP on behalf of Premier Parking, after the car had been parked in a private car park operated by Premier on someone else's land (I think it was the pub we were eating in that night).

Having moved house recently, we didn't receive Premier's original 'unpaid parking' letter - we think it was the exact week that we had contacted the DVLA about our change of address our new details were probably in the process of being registered, so the notice went to our old address instead of our new one. (We cannot confirm the dates as far as I know - it just seems to fit the timeline, and as my wife works in a senior role within the prison service, we're law abiding, so we wouldn't have ignored a parking fine). Anyway, with the post being returned to sender, I assume DRP were engaged to find our new address.

It was the first we knew about any parking 'fine'. There was no notice - e.g a parking fine - on our car in the car park in Braunton, Devon (we were on family holiday) there. We always paid for parking down there, possibly it had elapsed, I don't know. It's probable that my wife, who the car is registered to, wasn't even driving it at the time - it could easily have been me.

Upon receiving the DRP letter, I called them and asked for evidence of the parking, which they have subsquenrly sent. Since then, my wife received a second letter, a 'Notice of intended court action.' As with all other users on here, it has freaked her (and me) out: £150 charge - for what is probably no more than about £0.80 worth of lost income from the spot - and the threat of court. We have no idea what to do, and most of the advice we've found on this great site already seems to focus on responding to Premier not DRP. So any help welcomed.

Timeline:
    • 26/08/16 - the first 'Demand for Payment' notice from DRP, the first we have heard about the unpaid parking charge after not receiving Premier's request following our change of address
    • 13/09/16 - Notice of intended court action (letter actually received 19/09/16)
    • 13/09/16 - Evidence of car in the parking spot (letter actually received 20/09/16)

I've attached a scan of the letters, too.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X