• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

vanquis bank Credit card repayment cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanquis bank Credit card repayment cover

HI All

firstly i think ive posted my other thread in the wrong section so if its possible someone can move it that would be great - apologies (the other one was regarding UNwelcome finance)

As per the previous im in the middle of going through everything and trying to sort my credit etc

i noticed last month that i was paying this PPI in disguise credit card repayment each month - anyway i queries it to find out id been paying it for years, immediately asked them to cancel it and asked why it was on there, they informed me it will ahve been queried at the start fo the card.

now i know thats something i definately wouldnt have asked for (the financial head i had back then would literally have seen it as an extra payment so wouldnt have said yes thats for sure)

any way i requested a copy of the phone call - well last week i have received a latter from Vanquis saying that they do not have a copy of the call

so my question is how and who should i go to about claiming back these charges?

nobody seems to have ttempted because they always say they have a copy of the call however in my case they dont..

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    wayne
    Tags: None

Re: vanquis bank Credit card repayment cover

Good morning, welcome to LB,
    Is this Vanquis payment (holiday) protections you have been paying? Allowing you to cease or reduce payments if times are hard?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Good morning, welcome to LB,
      Is this Vanquis payment (holiday) protections you have been paying? Allowing you to cease or reduce payments if times are hard?

nem
      Hi Nemisis

thank you for your quick response
      it is the Repayment option Plan - ROP

their PPi in disguise basically

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Quickdrawuk2003 View Post
        Hi Nemisis

thank you for your quick response
        it is the Repayment option Plan - ROP

their PPi in disguise basically

thanks
        Ok, was the ROP appropriate for you at the time the account was opened?

nem

Comment

Vanquis's ROP isn't really a good deal for anyone, I argue here http://debtcamel.co.uk/bad-credit-cards/

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Ok, was the ROP appropriate for you at the time the account was opened?

nem
            no, utterly pointless and i certainly wouldnt have taken it out

Comment

Originally posted by Quickdrawuk2003 View Post
              no, utterly pointless and i certainly wouldnt have taken it out
              My personal feeling would be to raise a formal complaint with Vanquis which requires them to fully investigate the situation and respond within 56 days.

You will need to set out why the ROP was not suitable for you and that you did not know you were paying is until recently.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X