• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Earl Haig PCN by Smart Parking Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earl Haig PCN by Smart Parking Ltd

Dear Sirs,

I was shocked to receive the Demand For Payment from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (DRP) for unpaid PCN of £160.00. The letter was issued on 14/09/2016 and I received it on 20/09/2016.

This is the first time I received a letter about this matter. DRP state in the letter that they had to use a tracing agent to find me at my new address which clearly shows that no notice was received and no chance to appeal has been forthcoming.

If you wish to send a proper PCN i will deal with it accordingly.

Yours Sincerely

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Dear Sirs,

I was shocked to receive the Demand For Payment from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (DRP) for unpaid PCN of £160.00. The letter was issued on 14/09/2016 and I received it on 20/09/2016.

This is the first time I received a letter about this matter. DRP state in the letter that they had to use a tracing agent to find me at my new address which clearly shows that no notice was received and no chance to appeal has been forthcoming.

If you wish to send a proper PCN i will deal with it accordingly.

Yours Sincerely

M1
      Many Thanks M1.

Shall I send the above to SP as an online appeal or shall I email it to them? I don't know their email address though. Please let me know if you know any.

Comment

info@smartparking.com copy in DRP too.

M1

Comment

General Information or PCN Enquiries
          Appeals for PCNs cannot be lodged using the info@ email facility.
          info@smartparking.com

Comment

It's not an appeal, however you can use the website too.

We are trying to get a proper PCN so we can appeal.

M1

Comment

It's not an appeal, however you can use the website too.

We are trying to get a proper PCN so we can appeal.

M1
              Thanks M1, that makes sense.

I sent the email to both SP and DRP and will update here as soon as I receive a response.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Hi M1,

Reply from DRP (yesterday)

"
                Please find the photo evidence as requested.
                "
                They sent the two pics which I uploaded earlier here.

Reply from SP (today)

"
                We would like to inform the initial PCN was sent to you on 10/08/2016, as no appeal or payments have been received within the given timeframe, the PCN has been referred to debt recovery.

Please contact debt recovery to further discuss the matter.
                "

SP is not sending the PCN and asking to speak to DRP and DRP sent just the pics and not the original PCN.

Please advice what shall I do now?

Many Thanks

Comment

Speak to the land owner/occupier, ignore all bar court papers or a letter before action, pay are the 3 options you appear to have if they won'tt let you appeal.

M1

Comment

Speak to the land owner/occupier, ignore all bar court papers or a letter before action, pay are the 3 options you appear to have if they won'tt let you appeal.

M1
                    There is no way I can 160£ for the parking ticket, I simply don't have any means for that sort of money. Even my car is worth 500£ or even less.

Comment

Ignoring is cheaper and also what i would do.

400,000 + tickets and 0 court appearances. Sure they may do court 1 day but the odds are good http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html

M1

Comment

Parked for 17 minutes with my mrs in car all time and asking for 160£ fine is outrageous, when the tariff is 1£ for up to 1 hour. On top of it they don't wanna send copy of PCN, this is absolutely ridiculous, anyhow I can not afford to pay £160 and will fight til the end and of course wont mind going back to court even.

Many Thanks M1, I highly appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by mramittal View Post
                          There is no way I can 160£ for the parking ticket, I simply don't have any means for that sort of money. Even my car is worth 500£ or even less.
                          Hi M1,

Received another email from Debt Recovery Plus and this time they sent me the original PCN which was addressed to my old address.
                          Since this is the first time they sent me the PCN, I should be able to challenge the PCN, but on their email they say time to challenge has now expired, which is ridiculous.

Please advice what shall I do now.

"
                          Thank you for youremail regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).The time to challenge the charge has now expired and therefore access to the Independent Appeals Service (if applicable) is no longer available.However, in order to resolve this matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable.My findingsThe site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs state that all vehicles must be parked in an authorised manner.On the date in question, the vehicle was parked in an unauthorised manner and a PCN was correctly and legitimately issued as a result.Please note that a PCN was issued to the vehicle. Unfortunately, without evidence to the contrary, I must assume that, on the balance of probabilities, this PCN was duly received.Please find a copy of the PCN attached.Your obligation to notify the DVLA of a change of circumstanceRegarding your details, I must stress that it is your obligation to ensure any of your details held at the DVLA are correct. If a delay in communication has resulted from a failure to do so, our company cannot be held accountable.What you need to do nowPlease ensure that £160.00 is paid by 14/11/2016. Payment can be made online or by phone. Go to www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk or phone 0208 234 6775. You can find full details of how to pay on the reverse of the letter(s) sent.What will happen if you do not pay what you oweIf the amount is not paid by the date shown above, we will recommend to our client that court action be taken by them to recover the outstanding balance.What if you do not agreeAlthough any correspondence that does not provide further evidence will be noted and retained, I cannot guarantee that we will reply to it.Payment MethodsOnline Payment:www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/payTelephone Payment: Ring 0208 234 6775Bank Transfer: Quote your reference number to Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, Royal Bank Of Scotland, Sort Code 16-00-01, Account Number 20891316Cheques/Postal Orders: Should be posted to the address below, made payable to Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. Please write your reference number on the back.Kind Regards"

Comment

If it were me, having made initial efforts to be allowed to appeal and being rebuffed, i would ignore all bar a letter before action or court papers.

M1

Comment

If it were me, having made initial efforts to be allowed to appeal and being rebuffed, i would ignore all bar a letter before action or court papers.

M1
                              Thanks M1, sure I will be ignoring all future communication from them and determined to fight my case at the court if required.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X