• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim form letter pra group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim form letter pra group

I can't remember exactly when the account was opened but i would guess around 2007 as i have lost all paperwork.

Those five pages are all pra group sent me,and to me i think it is a reconstituted credit card agreement they have fudged together.

So do you think it is incomplete? What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by dean78 View Post
      I can't remember exactly when the account was opened but i would guess around 2007 as i have lost all paperwork.

Those five pages are all pra group sent me,and to me i think it is a reconstituted credit card agreement they have fudged together.

So do you think it is incomplete? What does this mean?
      If this is a recon agreement there should 2 distinct sets of terms and conditions, one from when the account was opened and one from when the account was closed.

I certainly looks like it's a repopulated blank office copy as you say parts look " typed " in.

I don't think it complies with the CCA request a judge of course may see it differently.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        If this is a recon agreement there should 2 distinct sets of terms and conditions, one from when the account was opened and one from when the account was closed.

I certainly looks like it's a repopulated blank office copy as you say parts look " typed " in.

I don't think it complies with the CCA request a judge of course may see it differently.

nem
        thanks for that nem.

So the cca they sent isn't complete and is dubious if it complies with the request.Would the discrepancies in yours or others peoples opinion (other memebers feel free to chime in) be enough to try and argue it in court.I haven't as yet received any other documents i requested in my cpr request either.

What should i do from here on in just wait and see what happens with the court.PRA group said they wish to continue there claim and are writing to the court.

Comment

thanks for that nem.

So the cca they sent isn't complete and is dubious if it complies with the request.Would the discrepancies in yours or others peoples opinion (other memebers feel free to chime in) be enough to try and argue it in court.I haven't as yet received any other documents i requested in my cpr request either.

What should i do from here on in just wait and see what happens with the court.PRA group said they wish to continue there claim and are writing to the court.
          Hello Dean,

The claimant will no doubt (via the solicitors) that CPR31.14 does not apply as the claim will be allocated to the small claims track.

I don't think the agreement you have received complies with a CCA request and yes I would argue the point.

nem

Comment

I don't think the agreement you have received complies with a CCA request and yes I would argue the point.

nem
            when would you argue that point at actual court hearing?mediation?or should i write to PRA group saying that i believe the CCA request that they sent doesn't compile.

Thing is i worried i'm getting in over my head with this,as i m not confident in arguing those points which i don't really know much about.

Comment

when would you argue that point at actual court hearing?mediation?or should i write to PRA group saying that i believe the CCA request that they sent doesn't compile.

Thing is i worried i'm getting in over my head with this,as i m not confident in arguing those points which i don't really know much about.
              It would be a point in your defence, when you set out what you have done.

eg. On xxxxx I sent a CCA request to the claimant

On...... I received an agreement from the claimant I do not believe this document is complete and does not satisfy my request or word to that effect.

When this document was supplied how was it described as a copy of your agreement or a reconstituted copy?

nem

Comment

When this document was supplied how was it described as a copy of your agreement or a reconstituted copy?

nem
                The document that was supplied was those five pages that i posted in this thread and this accompaning letter.That is all i received regarding the CCA request.

Last edited by dean78; 27th October 2016, 16:20:PM.

Comment

update

The court have sent me notification of allocation to the small claims track and an N180 small claims directions questionnaire.

Should i receive a copy of PRA Group claims direction questionnaire as well?

Bearing in mind i only have to date received an incomplete/poor reconstituted cca.How should i proceed?

Comment

update

The court have sent me notification of allocation to the small claims track and an N180 small claims directions questionnaire.

Should i receive a copy of PRA Group claims direction questionnaire as well?

Bearing in mind i only have to date received an incomplete/poor reconstituted cca.How should i proceed?
                    Hi,

Yes you should get a copy of the claimants DQ in due course, you must complete the N180 and send a copy to the claimant and the court.

nem

Comment

I filling out the dq form i have until 14 nov to complete,but don't know whether to agree to mediation or not.Pra group have only sent me the recon and incomplete cca,nothing else.

Comment

I filling out the dq form i have until 14 nov to complete,but don't know whether to agree to mediation or not.Pra group have only sent me the recon and incomplete cca,nothing else.
                        Hi,

Yes agree to mediation, the courts expect the parties to a claim to attempt to resolve the matter without recourse to a hearing, it looks good even if it does not take place.

nem

Comment

update

I received pra group dq and sent my dq back to the court.The court have given me a mediation appointment next month.Yesterday i received a letter and documents from PRA group.The documents they have provided are statements,transaction log,agreement terms and conditions.Also in the letter they say "we invite you to withdraw your defence and complete attached form" which is a finacial statement stating incomings and outgoings.

The documents they have provide now look more complete and thorough what should i do?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X