• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Lost ** UKPC Residential Parking and County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKPC Residential Parking and County Court Claim

Thanks very much for you help Mystery1.
    There certainly isn't any more that I can think to add to what you've supplied.

Another thing I have noticed is that their first exhibit (Exhibit KA/1, a copy of the contract redacted of commercially sensitive in information) was signed on 09/09/14. Doesn't that make this contract expired for the dates of the PCN's (29/12/2015, 02/01/2016, 15/01/2016, 23/01/2016 and 13/02/2016)?
    Last edited by theymademedoit; 8th February 2017, 22:34:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theymademedoit View Post
      Thanks very much for you help Mystery1.
      There certainly isn't any more that I can think to add to what you've supplied.

Another thing I have noticed is that their first exhibit (Exhibit KA/1, a copy of the contract redacted of commercially sensitive in information) was signed on 09/09/14. Doesn't that make this contract expired for the dates of the PCN's (29/12/2015, 02/01/2016, 15/01/2016, 23/01/2016 and 13/02/2016)?
      Keep that in mind and add it in if you haven't sent yet. If you haven't sent it then you need to get your skates on because you are already late.

M1

Comment

So my hearing was due for 9.45am tomorrow and today I've had a call from the court to change the hearing to 2pm because they can't get a judge for the earlier time slot 🙄

I emailed them to say that I can't make the later time because of work commitment and it's too short notice. I also asked if it will affect the outcome with me not being in attendance. Here is the reply...

"If Defendant wishes to attend, he has the right to do so and we will adjourn to another date. If he would prefer not to come, the Court will consider all he has submitted in his witness statement and documents and will not permit the Claimant to adduce any evidence that is not in their own witness statement and documents. The Defendant will need to let us know either way. If he simply does not attend, his defence may be struck out."

Comment

I'd get on to the court pronto by phone.

To ask you to attend so they can adjourn seems to be on the rather bizarre side. Perhaps they mean turn up as scheduled in the morning and ask for an adjournment ??

M1

Comment

I think they mean if I would like to be there to let them know so we can adjourn to a more suitable time.

Do you think it would hurt to let it go ahead tomorrow without me being present as they have my statement and it's unlikely I could add anything constructive?

Comment

It's not ideal. If the judge is impartial or slightly minded to trust a company then you could get stitched up and never know.

M1

Comment

So... The adjourned Court Case is next week and I've just received this. Seems a little overkill to me and also mentions attending two small claims hearings yet we haven't even had one as it stands!?

Untitled

Comment

Originally posted by theymademedoit View Post
                  So... The adjourned Court Case is next week and I've just received this. Seems a little overkill to me and also mentions attending two small claims hearings yet we haven't even had one as it stands!?

Untitled
                  Some of these parasites are getting excited because the court of appeal held that costs allowed for by way of contract can be claimed, even in the small claims track.

Sadly for these boneheads the signs didn't say that

Only allows for £60 and that is for a specific thing which none of those pie in the sky figures are for.

M1

Comment

Thanks again mystery1. Is there a particular way I can write or present that information? The court hearing is on Tuesday. Nervous!!!

Comment

If the claimant is claiming contractual charges for costs, then i submit that the sign (exhibit blah blah ( which they need to adduce in to evidence)) does not allow for contractual costs other than £60 for a debt recovery agent which would appear not to apply. In those circumstance i'd submit to the court that normal costs rules for the small claims track should prevail.

Do not read of the red bit or blah blah.

Did you submit a witness statement and evidence you wish to rely on ?

M1

Comment

Yes I submitted everything months ago before the original hearing was adjourned

Comment

I lost...
                          The Judge deemed it my fault for not parking in a marked bay which aren't marked physically but are marked a plan included in the lease.
                          He also commented that none of the reference cases mentioned were relevant.

I have to pay £160 per PCN in which there are 5 plus £210 in Fee's.

Comment

What did the buffoon say about the lease ? The forbidding signs ? The unmarked ground ?

FFS.

M1

Comment

He said that the lease does state that I am permitted to park on the grounds... in the marked bays as shown on the plan which is also reiterated on the signage.
                              It turns out he was also involved in the Bevis vs Parking Eye as it was held in the same court

Comment

Malonony ?

What was said about you photos that disputed the markings ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X