• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot financial (uk) limited vs rumandcoke

Can anyone tell me what happens next please? Should I expect some sort of response and if so how long does that take?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumandcoke View Post
      Can anyone tell me what happens next please? Should I expect some sort of response and if so how long does that take?
      Good morning,

The process is.

1. The Court will serve your defence on the claimants solicitor.

2. The claimants then have 28 days to respond to your defence.

3. You will informed if/when the claimant respond or

4. If the claimant does not respond the court will stay ( suspend) the claim. You are not informed if this happens so if you receive no communication from the claimant or the court by the end of the 28 day period you will have to phone the court to check on the status of the claim.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Good morning,

The process is.

1. The Court will serve your defence on the claimants solicitor.

2. The claimants then have 28 days to respond to your defence.

3. You will informed if/when the claimant respond or

4. If the claimant does not respond the court will stay ( suspend) the claim. You are not informed if this happens so if you receive no communication from the claimant or the court by the end of the 28 day period you will have to phone the court to check on the status of the claim.

nem
        Thank you for your reply and good morning

Comment

Just thought I would update as I had a response from the court this morning for my defence, so I've blanked all the documents so far and attached. It would only fit 5 on and there is another 3 attachments that I will post under this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are the other 3 attachments.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rumandcoke.

The usual rubbish responses from CF & MC.
              & as predicted by [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], they've been given 28 days by the court to reply; if not the case will be stayed & they will have to pay to lift it.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I received a letter from Mortimer Clarke.

We have received your defence.

We are taking our client's instructions in relation to your defence and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold.

Yours faithfully

Mortimer Clare Solicitors.

Comment

Hi Rumandcoke.

Again, ignore it. (But keep it on file).
                  In any case it is not requiring a response from you.
                  They have been instructed by the court to reply to your defence within 28 days.
                  That is the important thing atm.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I received a letter from Mortimer Clarke.

We have received your defence.

We are taking our client's instructions in relation to your defence and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold.

Yours faithfully

Mortimer Clare Solicitors.
                    Mortimer Clarke's " on hold" is meaningless, the court processes continue.

Cabot has 28 days to respond to the defence, if they fail to respond the court will stay (suspend) the claim and they will have to pay a fee to lift the stay and continue the claim.

Note: You are not informed when the claim is stayed so if you here nothing from either claimant or court it will be necessary to contact the court to check the status of the claim.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;688726]Mortimer Clarke's " on hold" is meaningless, the court processes continue.

Cabot has 28 days to respond to the defence, if they fail to respond the court will stay (suspend) the claim and they will have to pay a fee to lift the stay and continue the claim.

Note: You are not informed when the claim is stayed so if you here nothing from either claimant or court it will be necessary to contact the court to check the status of the claim.

nem[/QUOte

I.ve heard nothing so I phoned the court they said that Cabot has 33 days from the 17th October to reply and today is the 30th day, the court has heard nothing from them yet so I'll phone again to check next week. If the claim does get stayed how long does that last so for example if a year down the line Cabot decide to pay the fee and lift the stay can they do that. Just wondering how long this might be hanging over my head for. Also how much is the fee for them to lift the stay is it worth them doing it?

Comment

[QUOTE=Rumandcoke;690412]
                        Mortimer Clarke's " on hold" is meaningless, the court processes continue.

nem[/QUOte

I.ve heard nothing so I phoned the court they said that Cabot has 33 days from the 17th October to reply and today is the 30th day, the court has heard nothing from them yet so I'll phone again to check next week.
                        :thumb:
                        If the claim does get stayed how long does that last so for example if a year down the line Cabot decide to pay the fee and lift the stay can they do that.
                        Yes, but the longer they leave it, the harder it will be to lift the stay.
                        Just wondering how long this might be hanging over my head for.
                        Potentially for ever, but see above.
                        After 6 years they would need an extremely good reason to make an application.

Also how much is the fee for them to lift the stay
                        Without your consent, £255.
                        is it worth them doing it?
                        Only they can decide that, but as they have had to purchase the debt in the first place, pay an initial court fee (£35 for a £450ish claim via MCOL), & a potential hearing fee of £55 on top of lifting the stay, it doesn't leave much in the way of profit.
                        ####
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you, I really appreciate all of your help everyone x

Comment

I just telephoned the court, Cabot were meant to respond to my defence by the 20th November. They haven't done so therefore the claim is marked as stayed, no further action required. She said if they want to proceed they have to put an application into the judge and explain why they didn't reply before. If that happens I will get notified so for now there is nothing to worry about. Thank you so much all of you for your help, I would never of known all this if it hadn't been for coming across this site by accident. I'm so grateful to you all and fingers crossed this is the end of it x

Comment

Thank you, I really appreciate all of your help everyone x
                              A stay is open ended and the claimant could at any time in the future pay the fee for the stay to be lifted, so please make sure you deal with any paperwork from the court/claimant/solicitors.

nem

Comment

A stay is open ended and the claimant could at any time in the future pay the fee for the stay to be lifted, so please make sure you deal with any paperwork from the court/claimant/solicitors.

nem
                                Thank you, am I right to assume though if I hear nothing then stop worrying for now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X