• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Thanks charitynjw, I will ring promptly Monday morning and ask the question. The last time I spoke with them the case was stayed and have heard nothing more till this letter landed.

Micky

Comment

hi There
      Did You get any help???
      I have similar problem and i was reading all everywhere and there is to many options.
      How are you doing with lowell and cour?
      Thanks
      Rafael

Comment

HI again, thank You for answer.
        The problem is i didnt get any letter, and i found i have Judgment searching experian.

Comment

Hello Rafael86, it would probably be a good idea to start your own thread explaining your problems and hopefully the Beagles can help you as much as possible. My problems are still going on but I am getting lots of help and advice.

Thanks Micky

Comment

Evening everyone,

I have spoken to an adviser at the County Court Business Centre today, he has advised that at the present time my case is still Stayed. He was rather helpful and explained that he believes that Lowell will send their DQ's to them stating they wan't mediation and in turn they will send myself the DQ's out for me to return stating my intentions too. He also believes that very shortly Lowell's will more than likely pay to lift the stay and proceed with the case.

Does this seem to be right or what usually happens with these people? Sorry for all the questions but if the case is still Stayed at the present time is there a chance that Lowell are just clutching at straws and trying to panic me into doing something silly?

I hope all of that makes sense to everyone.

Many thanks

Micky

Comment

that is the trend

Comment

Evening everyone,

The DQ's have rocked up from the court today in the post, I have until the 26th of January for them to be returned. In terms of mediation would it be better to request this or not? I think I read somewhere that mediation could only go ahead if the other side had responded to my requests of information from them, I have had nothing of note from Lowell. Obviously I want to choose the best option of this claim failing.

One last thing I understand I need to send a copy of the DQ's to Lowell also, would a photocopy of the original suffice? I hope this is all just silly games from Lowell and not an escalation of their intentions.

Many thanks

Micky

Comment

never refuse Mediation

Comment

Re the DQ, at the very bottom it just says to return it to the court.
                    However, CPR 26.3 states that it should be served on all parties as well as filing at court.
                    http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part26#26.3
                    A copy is fine.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up charitynjw

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have got the DQ's sat in front of me and ready to send off when I get a chance. One last quick question, should I be bothering to tick the mediation box when Lowell have not provided the requested information? My defence is based around lack of information and Lowell have virtually provided nothing. Just I have read on other threads that for mediation to be suitable I really should have all the info at hand. MIKE770 or CHARITY what are your thoughts on this before I proceed?

Many thanks as always

Micky

Comment

mediation yes - you are expected to try all, you will be asked if you have the requirements for the case - you will say no == no mediation will take place and the case continue back to court

Comment

Thanks again for your much valued advice MIKE770. One last question I have in relation to a question on the DQ's, where it asks how many witnesses I am going to call would I put (1) this being myself or would it be (0) as I would be representing myself regardless so wouldn't be classed as a witness? I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question and makes sense.

Thanks

Micky

Comment

1 - yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Darter245 View Post
                                One last question I have in relation to a question on the DQ's, where it asks how many witnesses I am going to call would I put (1) this being myself or would it be (0) as I would be representing myself regardless so wouldn't be classed as a witness?
                                You put '1'

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X