• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Secondment role/TUPE to new company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondment role/TUPE to new company

Hi,

I wanted some advice on a secondment situation. My previous manager and the head of the team went to work in permanent roles in another part of the business 3-4 months ago as a result I was offered the job to replace my manager in a lead role (this entailed managing a team) the head of the team was not replaced but put under another head that looks after another business function.

I am effectively the Lead and Head of the team because my new line manager has no knowledge/experience of my area so there have been lots of savings here for the business. I was given a significant 13% pay increase.

At the time the discussions were informal re the role. Only when I received a letter at the start of taking the role did it say secondment – well another peer colleague also mentioned this. The secondment is until December 16. Recently my new line manager advised that he is leaving the company. I queried what would happen re my secondment role as I am conscious he won’t be there to make this permanent. New line manager was very shocked and advised that the role as far as he was aware was permanent and the letter I received re the role in the post/record on the HR system was incorrect. Line manager wrote to HR with this info and copied me in explaining this.

This was 3 weeks ago now it transpires that my team and other teams are being outsourced to a company that we already work with there are no redundancies planned we will all TUPE over.

I have queried the update on my permanent position to be told that HR view is that the role can’t be made permanent until end of secondment period. My line manager is going to try and agree this with the company we are being outsource to. I believe we will TUPE across to the new company before the end of my secondment so I was concerned they could just put me back to the salary I was so before when it ends and unlikely to make permanent as they have a wide pool of staff. I am pushing my manager to make permanent now so that when I TUPE across that is my salary but this may prove difficult.

By all accounts when I was given the secondment role talks about the TUPE were ongoing so possibly this situation has been engineered to max benefits for company and not necessarily care about anything else. I am now thinking of resigning from my secondment role.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X