• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice UKPC

I have read a lot of great material on LB re Parking Eye, but the last thread is now closed.

I was issued with a Parking Charge Notice in a Waitrose (and other smaller shops) car park on Saturday. I was dropping off some donation items at the charity shop, and mindful of having had my car scraped and dinged in supermarket car parks previously, I parked at the far end of the car park, straddling two of the (quite narrow) bays. The car park was 75% max full. I was away from the car for 10 minutes. The car park is free (presumably for several hours' parking.

The ticket issued by UK Parking Control said the breach of the terms and conditions of parking were "Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space" The notice says that the conditions were "clearly displayed and agreed to by the driver by the act of parking the vehicle". They were displayed, but not that prominently.

£100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.

Having read that the only liability to Private Parking is the cost of parking itself (in this case, I presume zero, as it is free to park there), what is my best course of action? UKPC are registered with the BPA so can come after me.

Should I ignore, appeal to UKPC, or go straight to POPLA, or take it up with Waitrose?

Thanks in advance!!
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice UKPC

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521

M1

Comment

I spoke to the person responsible for the Waitrose site at the landlord company and asked if she could help me get the notice cancelled. She was a little aggressive, questioning me about why I took 10 days to call her etc., I tried to explain that I was trying to avoid my car being dinged by an errant shopping trolley etc. and she did say that she would look into it for me and I gave her my number. I did not hear anything from her.

(I was caught up in the middle of moving house in the meantime, which added at least 10 days' latency to inbound correspondence).

I then had a burst appendicitis and came back to find a Final Reminder from UK Parking Control.Com for the full £100 issued on 27 October (see attached).

UKPCC had also referred this to a Debt Recovery Service , who issued a demand for payment (in the attached pdf) on 14th November for £160!

I know that I have been dilatory in responding and the post forwarding situation has not helped me at all, so have to take responsibility for this.

Am I too late for POPLA codes now? Should I just pay up?

Thanks in advance!!

Charles
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cl955; 20th November 2016, 21:58:PM.

Comment

Suggest you remove identifying information from your attachment whilst awaiting appearance of M1.

Comment

Thanks for your tip - have replaced attachment.

Comment

It's too late to appeal but it's not too late to hassle waitrose on social media or email the CEO http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9152

If you do think of paying then at least wait until the stream of letters offers an amount of the fine or less, which may mean ignoring a few more. Certainly don't pay £160 which DRP debt collectors are asking.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X