• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Portfolio v Rubix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist Portfolio v Rubix

UPDATE: I've received a letter from the court 'Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track' and a Directions Questionnaire.

Does this mean the case will be going court? I've still not received a copy of the terms and conditions from Howard Cohen?

Many Thanks

Comment

UPDATE: Received a court date from my local court for the 1st February 2017

I've still not received any documents from the CPR 31.14 request.

Does anybody know if I need to submit any evidence before attending, I have the original final demand letter/bank statements?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubix View Post
        UPDATE: I've received a letter from the court 'Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track' and a Directions Questionnaire.
        Have you completed & returned the DQ?

Does this mean the case will be going court?
        Atm, yes, probably.
        I've still not received a copy of the terms and conditions from Howard Cohen?

Many Thanks
        UPDATE: Received a court date from my local court for the 1st February 2017

I've still not received any documents from the CPR 31.14 request.

Does anybody know if I need to submit any evidence before attending, I have the original final demand letter/bank statements?
        You should have been informed that you are required to send to both the court & to the Claimant's legal rep any documentation which supports your defence, usually latest 14 days before the hearing.
        This is usually accompanied by your Witness Statement (examples by @Amethyst ).

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ness-Statement

Label the supporting docs (inc any sent by the Claimant/sols) which you are going to use - "Exhibit R1, Exhibit R2", etc & cross-refer in your WS.
        1 copy of all for court, 1 for Claimant, 1 for you.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have the original final demand letter
          What is the date of the Final Demand letter and what is the remedy date?

This may be significant in deciding whether this (overdraft) debt is SB or not.

I'm assuming that only you have that FInal Demand letter and not the Claimant?

In the Small Claims Court you are not obliged to disclose all documents in your possession.

In this case if the answer to my question harms your case you don't have to disclose it.

Alternatively if it helps your case then you may wish to include the information in your WS and also exhibit the Final Demand.

Over to you

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X