• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amazon Marketplace Purchase Caused Financial Loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Marketplace Purchase Caused Financial Loss

In July this year I bought a laptop case on Amazon market place that the vendor (Brinch UK) specifically said was good for my HP 15.6" laptop, three weeks after I received it the carrying strap failed the bag hit the floor and the laptop was damaged: the repair cost me £255.
    I attempted to contact the vendor through Amazon on two occasions but had no reply, I contacted Amazon customer service who offered me the £25 the bag cost me if I returned it but not for the damage its failure caused. They gave me an email address and phone number for the vendor/manufacturer (in Hong Kong) who I tried to contact, but they do not respond to emails and normally do not answer my phone calls. The one time the phone was answered all I got was a lady saying "he's not here" repeatedly.

I have called an emailed Amazon and the vendor/manufacturer, have tried to mediate through complaint.resolver.co.uk but Amazon refuses to communicate through them, went to the Retail Ombudsman but they say Amazon won't deal with them.
    I feel Amazon should pay for the damage to my laptop, do I have a case?
    Tags: None

Re: Amazon Marketplace Purchase Caused Financial Loss

You might have a claim for product liability, but that would be against the seller/manufacturer. The cost would clearly outstrip any compensation you may be due.

Comment

You should leave a negative review about the seller on their feedback page. I would also contact Amazon directly and escalate the complaint.
      When the bag originally failed, did you take any pictures of the damage? Amazon have a 30 day grace period for returns and 45 days if its a faulty item. If you are still within the 45 day window, I would suggest returning it for a refund because you are highly unlikely to get the cost of the repair back, unless you really lean on Amazon (does the seller have bad feedback overall?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...nodeId=3149431

Comment

I left negative feedback on the item and the seller, Amazon deleted the negative feedback on the seller. I am a lot less worried about the £25 for the bag which they have offered me back then the £255 for the repair which they haven't. The seller doesn't have bad feedback, but with Amazon deleting the feedback I left that doesn't mean anything. I have been pushing and pusing Amazon for the damages but they won't budge. What I really want to know is if I go to the expense of a small claim do I have a chance of getting my money?

Comment

Your contract is with the supplier not amazon you can take action against the supplier not amazon read their terms and conditions on amazon website

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X