• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ letter from Lowell solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ letter from Lowell solicitors

Hi all, would welcome some advice on a long standing problem with Lowell solicitors.

Basically I had a Vodafone contract that I terminated for free back in 2014 due to a lack of service. I returned the phone as part of the deal for cancellation. Fast forward a year and I received a letter from a debt collection agency stating I owed Vodafone the full amount of the contract.

I kept photo evidence of all the online conversations with Vodafone agreeing to cancel etc. I contacted Vodafone and they said the reason they chased the debt was due to never receiving the phone even though it was collected via courier from me.

They admitted in conversation online that the phone was collected but never got to them, me obviously then stating that once it left me it's not my issue.

Vodafone left me alone for a while but now in 2016 Lowell solicitors are chasing me for the debt. I've always ignored them as I know I have a strong case with evidence and just thought they would go away.

Now I'm in the military and temporarily working in Canada for 8 months and my mail hasn't caught up with me till now, and within my mail I have two letters from Lowell solicitors saying they've entered a CCJ against me, and another saying a court has ruled against me and I need to pay.

I've not received any court summons though so is this bullying tactics on their behalf or could this be the case, and also what are my options seeing as though I wasn't aware of the CCJ and not in the UK to defend myself.

Apologies at the length of the post but wanted to explain my situation fully, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
    Last edited by Carra23gold; 12th September 2016, 22:07:PM. Reason: Grammar
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ letter from Lowell solicitors

now in 2016 Lowell solicitors are chasing me for the debt. I've always ignored them as I know I have a strong case with evidence and just thought they would go away.
    This is a big mistake, the more sure you are that you do not owe the debt, the more it makes sense to deal with debt collectors alleging that you do. Otherwise you are likely to get a CCJ ...

I suggest you use the Trust Online system to verify if there is a CCJ or not: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

Comment

Hi cheers for the advice, I've checked the register you reccomended and it came back nothing registered, what would you suggest is the best course of action from now?

Cheers mike

Comment

Have lowell given you a claim reference number or idea of the date they say they have obtained the CCJ ? It takes 28 days to appear on the register after judgment so it may be worth a call to the court to check the claim statuts ( if one exists) and call Lowell and ask them for more inforation. Then you know if you can apply to set this aside. I presume you didn't inform Vodafone or Lowell or your change of address etc ?

Also with the return of the phone - was the courier sent by Vodafone to collect it or was it a courier you arranged to return it to Vodafone ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've got a Lowell reference number but theirs no reference number for any court action, also I think it's over 30 days from the date on the letter.

No I didn't inform either about the address change.

And Vodafone arranged the courier.

Cheers mike

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X