• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wright hassall solicitors-help threat of court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wright hassall solicitors-help threat of court

Yes, I have received a notice of assignment, the letter from the previous debtor was sent to me in the same letter from the new debt collector.

The Letter from the previous debt collect says "your shortfall balance has been assigned to the new debt collector, you will be receiving a communication from them with full contact details, all future correspondence concerning your account should be addressed to them."

The new debt collector states in their letter " the old debt collector has sold and assigned all their rights, title and interest in your agreement to us". As all records relating to your account are now held with us, any query you have regarding this matter should be addressed to us".

Not sure what rights the previous debt collector had, as they had the debt (mortgage shortfall after a repossession for six years). Not sure what rights the new debt collector has also.

I am thinking of sending a SAR request to both, asking for details of any assignments given or received. Can I do this and will they send me this info?
    If the new debt collector is saying they will start court proceedings, I need to know if they have the right legally to do this.

Comment

Only Notice of Assignments you get, the Deed of Assignment is Commercial Sensitive and you will not see it! so do not waste money/time.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Only Notice of Assignments you get, the Deed of Assignment is Commercial Sensitive and you will not see it! so do not waste money/time.
        So how does one know if there is a deed of assignment, if one does not exist then how can the DCA take you to court to make a claim against you ? If I was going to court I would want to know the legality of the claim from the dca? Or am I missing something here?

Comment

Yes = the point is Notice of Assignment is all you are entitled to receive (Notification to you), you would be wasting courts time using Deed of assignment as an argument to such a point if the only argument would of probably been thrown out before a case as construed as wasting courts time, always concentrate on the real content of N1 not might/.perhaps.

Comment

But this I central to any court action if the DCA does not have a DOA, then they cannot do anything in court ?

Comment

as has been found out in the past Deed of Assignment may/will contain many sold debts they have purchased i.e. 1,000s+ for a fee, and not visible to those involved within the contents.

simply concentrate on any court action and contents of any claim issued within N1, later stage ask for documents mentioned BUT do not go down the route in question as already advised,

Comment

ok, sure. But should I ask the DCA to present docs to court as if they do not have one they should not be taking me to court.

What is an N1?

Comment

N1 would be Notification of issuance of court papers sent from Northampton County Court, and the contents stating what the claim is for and by whom!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X