• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Johnathon678274 RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnathon678274 RLP

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Hi and welcome.

so the police are not really interested and gave you a warning.
    Primark have recovered their goods and made no loss.
    They should not contact your university, and I very much doubt they will.
    It is purely scare tactics.
    You will get a letter from RLP demanding money.
    This is not a fine (only the courts issue fines in the UK).
    It is a speculative demand for money, and will be dressed upp inall sorts of legal language.
    IGNORE IT.
    Over the next few months you will get a series of letters threatening all sorts of things if you don't pay.
    Some will even have red ink.
    IGNORE THEM.

The only papers you never ignore are genuine court documents, and you won't get them.
    Now go to Uni, study hard, enjoy yourself and good luck.

Hi , i too have been cuaght yesterday stealing at tk max, im very ashamed and regret it so much and i am so depressed that I couldn't sleep at all last night because i am scared about this rlp company who will harass me for money, im not sure what to do when i get the letter, the item i took was in a box which was already damaged but i dont think the person who interviewed me is aware of that, no police were involved and the interviewer said there would be no further action taking place, but he gave me some rlp letter, im 15 years old and i dont know what went through my head, im super ashamed and frieghtened , what should i do when i recieve the letter

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! Im really desperate
    Tags: None

Re: Hello - RLP and Primark - Threats

Hi and welcome.

It is a speculative demand for money, and will be dressed upp inall sorts of legal language.
    IGNORE IT.
    Over the next few months you will get a series of letters threatening all sorts of things if you don't pay.
    IGNORE THEM.

The only papers you never ignore are genuine court documents, and you won't get them.
    Originally posted by Amethyst
    Cathkate, that sounds like a bloody awful experience and I think a complaint to the Primark CEO is in order there for your treatment in the store. Let alone from RLP.

DO NOT ENGAGE WITH RLP at all. That telephone call sounds appalling for you. Utterly disgusting behaviour from RLP. RLP have no power to FINE you at all. They simply send speculative invoices to try and pray on vulnerable people's embarassment/imposed guilt to make money.

Just put the letters in a pile - they will keep coming from a while and threaten all sorts of things.

When they give up I'd get them all in a folder and go and see your MP about it. Something needs doing to stop them doing this all the time, it's okay us on here and across other forums, and CAB, advising people to ignore them, but these letters can be bloody scary.

I'm going to move your thread to the right forum, I'll leave a redirect so you can find it.

Can you help me out please?
    Last edited by Johnathon678274; 3rd September 2016, 17:54:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathkate
      @Amethyst
      Thank you for your reply. You're right, the letters are very scary. I was totally innocent in the Primark incident. In fact it may have even contributed to my Mums death. She had just come out of hospital after an operation. I had taken her out to cheer her up. It was important she didn't receive any knocks or injuries. Primarks office was up a flight of stairs. So the security and shop staff dragged the wheelchair up. Bouncing my mum around. Her health deteriorated, she never recovered.
      I fought back last time, because I knew I was innocent. Even though RLP said I was recorded on CCTV, taking items, I knew it was impossible. Because I didn't take anything.
      With TKMaxx, I was intending to buy the earrings. It was a genuine mistake. I knew it was a waste of time trying to explain.
      They didn't even ask if I could provide a receipt or explanation. The staff didn't even know if the item belonged to their shop.
      Thank you for your help and comforting words.
      Dragging your mum up the stairs which after an operation may have been a partial cause of her death, could be a criminal matter. Did you inform Primark that your mother had just had an operation, whose conditioned would be worsened by any knocks, especially the unreasonable dragging up a flight of stairs of someone with ill health? Did you try to stop them from doing this? Did you report Primark to the police at the time it happened?
      Last edited by Openlaw15; 1st September 2016, 15:23:PM.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

IGNORE IT.
        IGNORE THEM.

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
        Dragging your mum up the stairs which may have been a partial cause of her death. This is could be manslaughter against a company. Did you report Primark to the police at the time it happened?
        Hey [MENTION=77627]Openlaw15[/MENTION] I really need your advice and some help ,do you think you can help me out?
        Last edited by Johnathon678274; 3rd September 2016, 17:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathon678274 View Post
          Hey @Openlaw15 I really need your advice and some help ,do you think you can help me out?
          Im really desperate
          Listen Jonathon, these RLP person just exploit young people such as yourself. They have nothing but a hope of claiming the amounts back. It is so difficult to prove their alleged losses but anyway it needs to be done through court, which costs them money. Think of all the time it would need for them to take you to court, away from their jobs never mind the court applications' costs itself. It's simply not worth their times.

However, frightening young people or worrying their parents sick, they're hoping will mean their 'threatening letters' work so that any money they request/ demand is paid. It's easy to frighten children as they know it wouldn't work on shrewd adults. You are only 15 years of age mate, stop worrying yourself sick.

Young people your age worry about stuff like this all the time. It feels like the end of the world - but it's really not! You can go to any chat website/ forum online and there will always be young people on there who worry about stuff so unnecessarily. When these young people grow older, meet someone, ie marry - they won't think the same as they would when they're younger. You made a mistake, Jonathon - everyone makes them, so stop mentally torturing yourself. Listen, those security personal whom the company employs are not what you call 'reasonable people', or 'thinkers'... the company (RLP) don't think about the devastation it has on young people or to their families because they made a mistake. As long as they (security) get paid to do their job and keep their employer happy, they'll just exploit the young people - to meet their 'targets.' Some people follow orders without challenging them or being critical of them, RLP security staff are probably such people. They won't think of it until their own children are personally affected. So, my advice, stop worrying as it's very very very very unlikely anything will come of it.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

IGNORE IT.
            IGNORE THEM.

Listen Jonathon, these RLP person just exploit young people such as yourself. They have nothing but a hope of claiming the amounts back. It is so difficult to prove their alleged losses but anyway it needs to be done through court, which costs them money. Think of all the time it would need for them to take you to court, away from their jobs never mind the court applications' costs itself. It's simply not worth their times.

However, frightening young people or worrying their parents sick, they're hoping will mean their 'threatening letters' work so that any money they request/ demand is paid. It's easy to frighten children as they know it wouldn't work on shrewd adults. You are only 15 years of age mate, stop worrying yourself sick.

Young people your age worry about stuff like this all the time. It feels like the end of the world - but it's really not! You can go to any chat website/ forum online and there will always be young people on there who worry about stuff so unnecessarily. When these young people grow older, meet someone, ie marry - they won't think the same as they would when they're younger. You made a mistake, Jonathon - everyone makes them, so stop mentally torturing yourself. Listen, those security personal whom the company employs are not what you call 'reasonable people', or 'thinkers'... the company (RLP) don't think about the devastation it has on young people or to their families because they made a mistake. As long as they (security) get paid to do their job and keep their employer happy, they'll just exploit the young people - to meet their 'targets.' Some people follow orders without challenging them or being critical of them, RLP security staff are probably such people. They won't think of it until their own children are personally affected. So, my advice, stop worrying as it's very very very very unlikely anything will come of it.
            [MENTION=77627]Openlaw15[/MENTION] Honestly, i appreciate it so much that you took your time to write this for me, it makes me feel so much better, i just have one question, if i recieve the letters from rlp, should i keep ignoring them, does the ignoring technique still work as it is 2016 and ive only read problems from previous years, should i send them a message or just keep ignoring, also another question, how frequently do the letters come?

Comment

[MENTION=77627]Openlaw15[/MENTION] also is there any way of stopping the letters coming

Thank you for your time

Comment

@Openlaw15 Honestly, i appreciate it so much that you took your time to write this for me, it makes me feel so much better, i just have one question, if i recieve the letters from rlp, should i keep ignoring them, does the ignoring technique still work as it is 2016 and ive only read problems from previous years, should i send them a message or just keep ignoring, also another question, how frequently do the letters come?
                I studied this area of law. It's called tort law, ie claims for losses. [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] is the expert for the practicalities of the RLP claims. This experienced gentleman states this about RLP's procedure:

"You will get a letter from RLP demanding money.
                IGNORE IT.
                IGNORE THEM."

Comment

@Openlaw15 also is there any way of stopping the letters coming

Thank you for your time
                  They'll likely stop the letters after a short while but if you respond to any it's likely they'll keep sending them. If what you had stolen was returned to the shop, there are no longer any losses for RLP to claim, they can still sell it/ them as long's it's/ they're not damaged. If this is the case, ignore the letters.

Comment

aaaa
                    Last edited by Johnathon678274; 1st September 2016, 18:48:PM.

Comment

@Openlaw15 but the item i took was already damaged, the package was opened and i dont think the interviewer was aware that the package was already damaged, he didnt say anything about it, what do i do then? The interviewer just let me go
                      Jonathon

They're (RLP) not interested in the damage to the item you stole, they're interested in making a claim against you for losses for the company, such as CCTV surveillance of you, security interviewing you; but, the problem with their claim is that is the security staff's job anyway. I wouldn't offer or pay them a penny. I just can't see them taking to court for what I presume was a very small amount of actual loss, ie the stolen product whether damaged or not. For peace of mind, the only thing they can claim for is the product itself, at best. It would cost far more in court costs and RLP staff presenting the case to a judge. If you want, you can tell me how much the item stolen was valued at?

Comment

[MENTION=77627]Openlaw15[/MENTION] it was 20 pounds, so all i do is ignore ignore ignore??

Comment

@Openlaw15 it was 20 pounds, so all i do is ignore ignore ignore??
                          How much are they saying you owe?

Comment

Hi and welcome.

IGNORE IT.
                            IGNORE THEM.

How much are they saying you owe?
                            [MENTION=77627]Openlaw15[/MENTION] i havnt recieved the letter yet, i got cuaght yesterday,
                            Last edited by Johnathon678274; 3rd September 2016, 17:59:PM.

Comment

@Openlaw15 i havnt recieved the letter yet, i got cuaght yesterday, but when i do ill let you know the cost, im just praying the letter does not come in at all and i will hear from noone at all
                              It may be wise to tell your parents Jonathon as once it's done, it'll take all the stress from you and let your parents deal with it. They'll be more angry with you if you don't tell them I suspect, than hiding what has happened from them. Good luck, mate

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X