• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking - Earl Haig Hounslow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking - Earl Haig Hounslow

Hi There,

My Mum borrowed my car a few weeks ago and parked in the Earl Haig car park in Hounslow for about 20 minutes. She bought and displayed a ticket but unfortunately she entered her own registration number when purchasing the ticket by mistake. She no longer has the ticket but the record of her entering her registration number into the machine should be on the car park operator's computer system.

I have since received a PCN from Smart Parking asking for £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.

I would like to appeal this PCN but am not sure which are the strongest grounds for appeal.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking - Earl Haig Hounslow

@mystery1

Please help - time is running out

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521

Doesn't matter too much for the initial appeal. Only receipts of a decent amount bring about a cancellation at this time. Popla is different and they seem to withdraw rather than pay the fee when presented with a decent appeal.

M1

Comment

Dear M1,

Thanks for replying. Do you suggest I write the following and hope for the best:

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a genuine customer.

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraphs 7/8.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a popla code.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Paragraph 9 if they sent a notice to the house and didn't attach one to the vehicle. Also attach copies of receipts if possible.

M1

Comment

Hi Manjinder,

Any luck with your appeal?

Comment

Dear All,

I submitted the appeal on 14th September 2016 and haven't heard anything further from Smart Parking.

The original letter requesting payment within 28 days was dated 2nd September and as I haven't heard anything I am hoping that they won't be pursuing me further.

Regards,

Manjinder

Comment

How did you appeal ? Online or post ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X