• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help, please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, please

I have been sent a letter from an organisation called Collectica. They are stating that I owe in excess of £700 to Her Majesty s Courts and Tribunal Service, subsequently a Warrant of control has been issued by her Majesty's Courts & Tribunals Service (second line) Distress Warrant.. The letter states that I have another more than one and less than ten day's in which to make a full payment or "call us to discuss your specific circumstances" (their words)

Alas my world is not garnished with riches and I am unable to pay such a large amount of money. However, I am prepared to offer them a monthly pay schedule of 10% ish.

However, what I do not want to do is call them again as I had to do that to find out what the devil they were referring too. It was a traumatic experience. However I did call the magistrates to be told I can not make any agreement with them it has to be with those charming chaps Collectica

As I have moved frequently since 2009 and been very seriously ill with throat cancer. I am now in what they call my last year of remission monitoring.hence although I am currently working( semi part time) my rent and Council Tax is in excess of £900. I think my offer is both fair and shows a genuine willingness to settle this matter.
    Hence, I arrive at the following question can I do this via written communication, does anybody have any tips...? (other than immigration or a Reggie Perrin)

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Aldric; 7th September 2016, 23:14:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help, please

Hi Aldric, do you know what the debt is for, if HMCS and Collectica it may be a criminal fine, not Council PCN etc. Have you any unpaid fines say speeding or TV License?

You should indicate to the court and Collectica your ongoing healkth issues.

Comment

Thank you Bizzybob. All the fines relate to driving and Pcn. I have not been convicted of a criminal offence.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldric View Post
        Thank you Bizzybob. All the fines relate to driving and Pcn. I have not been convicted of a criminal offence.
        Aldric,

Firstly, I am pleased to hear that you are in the final year of monitoring for throat cancer. Well done.

What Bizzybob was trying to ascertain was whether or not you were aware of these court fines before receiving correspondence from Collectica.

Most importantly, if you had not received the summons, you could contact the court to file Statutory Declarations.

I am sorry to give you the bad news BUT, in making a payment proposal, it is usual to request a downpayment of approx one third of the debt with the balance paid over a period of usually just three months.

If you can post back abut the initial summons etc, that would greatly assist.

Comment

Hi Milo, thank you for your reply, according to the court in 2012 I asked them to transfer the case to a court closer in location to me, however this would have been whilst i was recovering from my cancer treatment. I have no recollection of the incidence as I was not quite 100% at that time. However, the payment terms you suggest are impossible to meet therefore I shall invite them to catalogue and take away a milk crate, orange box and dirty old mattress as that is all I own.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X