• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flowers Way Luton - REALLY LONG! Can anyone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers Way Luton - REALLY LONG! Can anyone help?

Hi, I'm a Newbie and really have no idea what I'm doing, but here goes:

In April my daughter and I were called to be witnesses at a court case in Luton. We arrived at 9:00am we had never visited this area before and realised quickly that the machine didn't take cards. After approximately 5 minutes looking for change in the car we drove out of the car park to a petrol station to buy water and get change. We returned at 9:18am and purchased a ticket to last all day time stamped at 9:20am (until 5:20pm) - which I still have as I was going to claim it back from the courts but didn't get around to it. The court case was over by about 11:00am (the courts will have details I guess as we signed out) we left the carpark immediately.

Fast forward to 2nd of June when my husband receives a letter from Debt Recovery Plus stating that as he had ignored previous correspondence (none of which we received) he was liable to pay £160 without appeal! Of course he went mad as he thought I'd parked illegally so I got on the phone and explained that I had been driving and under no circumstances had I parked illegally. I asked what the fine fine was for and for photographic evidence. And told them that this was the first we had heard of it, there had been no previous correspondence.

On 13th June I received a letter with two photographs of the front of my car at 9:00am (when i entered and at 9:18am (when I re entered having got change) They are claiming that this was me leaving the car park (backwards on to a main road!!!???) and that my stay was from 9:00 until 9:18. They also state that "There were no multi visits on this day"But I have a valid ticket in my possession from 9:20-5:20 even though according to them I had already left the carpark!? I have refused to pay on principle but they just keep texting and writing saying they are going to take me to court. Can anyone help? Can I make them provide ALL PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE from that day; which will show the true story and prove that they are lying by saying "There were no multi visits on this day"? I have tried Citizens Advice but the fella didn't seem to understand the story! I hope I have been clear. I have kept all correspondence. All help much appreciated!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Flowers Way Luton - REALLY LONG! Can anyone help?

Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of a debt collection notice for a parking matter in Flowers Way Luton. This is the 1st letter you, or anyone else, have managed to deliver regarding this matter.

I have subsequently received the photographs which you state are from entry and exit which show that the vehicle was facing the same direction despite your claims that one was entry and the other exit. I also attach a copy of the receipt for parking.

The driver entered the car park to discover card payments were not an option so the exited to a local garage to get change, then entered, parked up and paid.

There is no debt owed and you should cancel this so called debt with immediate effect.

I look forward to confirmation that common sense is applied and the charge cancelled.

Yours sincerely

Email both DRP and the parking company.

M1

Comment

Re: Flowers Way Luton - REALLY LONG! Can anyone help?

Hi M1,
      Thanks so much for your quick reply! I will send these tomorrow and let you know how I get on. I have actually received other subsequent letters; all from DRP basically just telling me to pay up - and varying the amount I owe. Should I omit the :
      This is the 1st letter you, or anyone else, have managed to deliver regarding this matter.
      - Thanks again!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X