• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SORTED ** Legal advice on claims management company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legal advice on claims management company

Hi Nick

Yes I've attached a copy of the letter from Welcome confirming they uphold my claim (I can do this from a computer but not from my phone). I would be extremely grateful if you could produce a complaint letter - you can word it far better than I can!

I did respond to the email with the following (as you can see I did ask them to confirm their final response):

Hi Megan
    Thank you for your response. I also feel it is unfair for you to suggest that the Welcome Finance claims were only paid out due to your involvement. Had I pursued the claims myself the outcome would have been the same. I also initially advised you that I had loans with Welcome that had PPI added to them therefore I was well aware of these accounts ... they were not located by your involvement. Please advise where, in the letter that you sent, it stated that your services would resume should circumstances change? What would have happened if I had instructed another claims firm to dral with this matter as you suggested was my right to do so? Would I have had to pay yourself and them? As I have been advised, I believe my contract with you ended when you sent the letter stating you could take it no further and I was free to pursue it myself. Therefore I do not accept your offer of a reduced payment. Please let know if this is your final decision so I can advise the Legal Ombudsman to proceed with my complaint.

Regards, Joanne
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok let me know their response. Whatever it is we can submit the more detailed complaint on the basis that it would be in everyone's interest to do so.

Comment

Thank you so much Nick you have been absolutely amazing and I have spoken to my colleagues at work and told them how good this site is (you do a fantastic job)!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

On 4 September you asked them for a copy of their complaints procedure, did you get it? If so can you give it to me?

Comment

No they didn't send me their complaints procedure. Should I email them again and ask for it? Thanks

Comment

Hi Nick - good news! They are not pursuing the fees any further - I received the email below (after I asked them for their complaints procedure). Thank you so much for your help - I don't think I would have gotten this far without your invaluable advice:

Hi Mrs xxx,

Thank you for your email. Since we were last in contact I have been able to discuss this matter with my manager.

Whilst there is evidence throughout our files that this account and claim has been successfully located and pursued as a result of the initial work done on the file in accordance with your instructions, a further review of the file shows that we did send you a letter stating that the file relating to this case would be closed. In this case a slightly different letter should have been sent explaining the issues with regard to Welcome Finance and the FSCS, and confirming that we would contact you further should the situation change. In the circumstances I can confirm that as a result of the closure letter being sent we will not pursue any fee in relation to this claim.

If you still wish to raise a formal complaint in the first in stance you should do so in writing, although I can arrange for my manager to contact you by telephone or email if you prefer.

Regards,
                Last edited by Amethyst; 8th September 2016, 12:59:PM.

Comment

Great News

[MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: ** SORTED ** Legal advice on claims management company

Excellent well done Jo.

Comment

I seriously couldn't have done it without you and your invaluable advice EXC :tinysmile_grin_t: ... I'm still thinking about formally complaining about their conduct! They clearly knew about the letter they sent (I referred to it often enough in my email communication to them) so they obviously thought they'd try to extract more money from me. I'm happy with the outcome (and I'm not complaining to try and get monetary gain in the form of compensation - I just wouldn't like this to happen to anyone else who might just accept what they say and pay out)! Will have a think about it and decide what to do. Thanks again EXC

Comment

My advice? Walk away with your head high in the knowledge you've beaten a law firm. Life's too short.

Comment

Have to agree - I've tried making many complaints because I wanted to stop things happening to other people - but if you already have a resolution or you're not the victim - they really do nothing and are just not interested.

SRA/FCA/LeO/FOS/ICO/TS

All pants.

Just rest assured that your posts on here might one day help someone else in a similar position.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes you're right guys I'll leave it and enjoy spending their fee :-) thanks. Jo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X