• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim help please

good

Comment

Received a letter from Lowell solicitors today.

It included a copy of the letter of assignment both from Provident and Lowell however after extensive searching through all the paperwork I have there are definitely neither of these been received from either Provident or Lowell. My partner also doesn't remember receiving anything similar.

As you can see I've redacted all personal info on the letter but I must note that the balance has now increased by just over £200 from the claimed amount. also they appear to be able to travel in time and alleged to have sent the letter of assignment on 18th November 2016!

I'm somewhat concerned by the last line of the first paragraph as they seem to think that they don't need to verify my partners liability to this debt.

We have still not received an answer to the CCA requests and they have still not supplied the remaining documents on the CPR31 request, namely the default notice and the Consumer Credit Act Agreement.

Can someone please help me write the defence letter as it needs to be posted on Monday at the latest.

Thanks
      Last edited by EXC; 29th September 2016, 12:45:PM.

Comment

Defence Example

Comment

How's this?

I've partly used the templates and partly used other defence letters from similar cases on other threads to put this together.
          Last edited by Nobog; 29th September 2016, 11:56:AM.

Comment

PM Amethyst with copy ask her to check it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              PM Amethyst with copy ask her to check it for you!
              I have but as yet no reply.

Starting to panic a bit here as I've got to send the defence tomorrow morning at latest by special delivery if it's going to get to the court on time.

Comment

do it on line thru MCOL?

Comment

do it on line thru MCOL?
                  No, it's all been done by mail.

Comment

if you do not want to go through MCOL; Attach/send to this address make sure quote Case No:- receipt given immediately

ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Comment

hi everyone,
                      just come out of court today with lowells for a vodafone debt, and got it adjourned, fo the second time, the first adjournment was because lowells submitted ther e witness statement two days prior to the court case , my problem was i had not submitted one due to all the confusion lowells create, with mediation, fraudulent letters and threatening of ccj, but i did have to pay lowells agent £210. fees, which then gave me another bite at the cherry,
                      so today the judge grilled lowells on not being able to supply anything that relates to the monies i am supposed to owe vodafone , cca, invoices, terms and conditions ect, i actually felt sorry for lowells agent, she just didnt know what to do, the iceing on the cake was when the judge said to lowells, Mr. rxxxx enterered into agreement with vodafone in 2002 and defaulted in 2014, can you explain to me how your defendant is charged with early termination fee at the cost of £650.00 im intriuged , the udged as ordered lowells to supply in writing and evidence of how this termination fee as come about, plus a full breakdown of costs and fees, and supply the term and conditions signed by me within fourteen days.
                      ive been asking lowells for all this imformation for the last two years which obvious the judge as picked up on this from my witness statement.

i think this will me a tough one for lowells to win.

Comment

When sending the defence should I also include copies of the CCA request letter and CPR31 letter?

Comment

Defense is statements of facts in your case
                          letters and such are evidence in the case so no copies of letters just facts about them if relevant to your defense.
                          ( Don't file defense until you have ALL relevant proof to make a strong case)
                          Only advice I have no legal background

Comment

Originally posted by deesea View Post
                            Defense is statements of facts in your case
                            letters and such are evidence in the case so no copies of letters just facts about them if relevant to your defense.
                            ( Don't file defense until you have ALL relevant proof to make a strong case)
                            Only advice I have no legal background
                            I thought that the claimant needs to supply all the proof?

I've run out of time to file the defence so I'm just going to have to send the one I posted on here earlier and hope for the best.

Comment

if you do not want to go through MCOL; Attach/send to this address make sure quote Case No:- receipt given immediately

ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
                              I emailed to this address this morning but received no reply or receipt.

Comment

I just phoned the court to find out that they no longer use that email address!!

You're supposed to email it to ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Good job I phoned them to find out if it had been received or it wouldn't have got there in time!!
                                Last edited by Nobog; 29th September 2016, 11:58:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X