• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

McDonald's/Starbucks carpark at Stansted Airport - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's/Starbucks carpark at Stansted Airport - won

I have just been to collect my son from Stansted airport and decided to go through McDonald's drive-thru before driving home. Just before turning onto the drive-thru we changed our mind and quickly pulled into a parking bay, deciding to eat inside the restaurant instead.

Stayed for around 40 minutes max then made our journey home. The rain started so turned wipers on and noticed a piece of paper whizzing around under my wipers. It was folded so small and tucked down so low that it wasn't seen on returning to the car from McDonald's.

So now I find I am fined £100. I anxiously called McDonald's who claim that I had parked on the wrong side of the car park. I had used Starbucks side, which was right beside the drive-thru ramp and not McDonald's side. I telephoned McDonald's and the assistant manager could only say 'sorry but there is nothing they can do.

I just parked in what I believed was a car park and did not think that the whole car park was not for both restaurants. Never in my life have I had to take so much notice of small print. I am so angry right now and feel scammed. There are signs, which I got to read that you have 1 hour free parking. It was dark, they are high up and I certainly thought that the whole car park belonged to both restaurants on that site.

At least there should be much larger alerts informing each restaurants customers which bays they can and cannot use. Do I have to pay this fine.
    Tags: None

Re: McDonald's/Starbucks carpark at Stansted Airport

Is it still Met parking ?

M1

Comment

Yes, it was from Met parking...

Comment

Well give the starbucks management a try, they don't know if you were a customer r not unless you tell them.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

M1

Comment

Thank you... It worked... I contacted Starbucks and they couldn't have been more helpful - Lovely friendly staff only too willing to help. They contacted MET on my behalf, informed them I was a customer and the ticket has been scrapped totally. A little piece of useful info they added to this though was that if you declare that you had somebody waiting in the car, they cannot legally give you a parking ticket. So of course, My son was fast asleep on the back seat after his first teenage trip away to a music festival!!!!!!!

In addition, I have found that MET parking are putting tickets on the cars of customers who are actually in Starbucks drinking their coffee... The ticket attendant does this with glee and rubs his hands together whilst gloating about how many tickets he has stuck to unsuspecting cars.

So in short, I will never ever ever stop off for a refreshment break at Stansted airport ever ever again!!!!

Comment

A little piece of useful info they added to this though was that if you declare that you had somebody waiting in the car, they cannot legally give you a parking ticket. So of course, My son was fast asleep on the back seat after his first teenage trip away to a music festival!!!!!!!
            Some people really do spout some shite

However they were helpful

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X