• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt that isn't mine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt that isn't mine

Hi
    Wondering if anyone would be able to help ... I received a letter from Southern Water 2 months ago chasing for a debt belonging to a property I have never lived at. I contacted them, and they weren't interested; I asked them to provide me with evidence of how they've linked me to the property but I've not received anything. Apparently the debt dates back to 2011. I contacted the Call Credit Online who apparently provided my details to them; they have confirmed that I have no link to the property in question and have removed the link from my credit records. Then 5 days ago I get a letter from EOS Solutions threatening me with court action! I contacted them and explained everything to them and they said they would put the account on hold and make some enquiries; then 2 days ago I get another letter telling me a bailiff will be visiting my property to recover the debt. They are writing to me in my old married name (got divorced in 2008) so I can only assume the debt is my ex husbands. I have told them I will not be paying the debt and if anyone comes knocking on my door I will call the police. I don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X